The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just made my appointment for my Sixth Form Interview...it's all really beginning to hit me now :frown:
Reply 81
MissesTwishes
Just made my appointment for my Sixth Form Interview...it's all really beginning to hit me now :frown:

it's scary stuff :frown:
I'm kinda fed up waiting now..they're obviously all done, I wish they'd just give them to us ffs. :angry:
my interview is 2pm on thursday so im not going into school to get my Maths and RE results until then cuz my schools 30mins from me
rachlala14
it's scary stuff :frown:
I'm kinda fed up waiting now..they're obviously all done, I wish they'd just give them to us ffs. :angry:

I know it's so annoying :frown:
Reply 84
MissesTwishes
I know it's so annoying :frown:

basically three days now :-o
I just hope we all get what we want, I'll be so
disappointed if I don't :frown:
rachlala14
basically three days now :-o
I just hope we all get what we want, I'll be so
disappointed if I don't :frown:

I know same :frown: what would you like to get?
Ive a list of:
what id like to get
what i think il get
worst possible outcome
lolol i cnt wait to compare them
Reply 87
MissesTwishes
I know same :frown: what would you like to get?

2-4 A*'s, 5 A's and a C in maths :L
I'd be happy with that, even though I was predicted all A*'s and a B :tongue:

what about you?
rachlala14
2-4 A*'s, 5 A's and a C in maths :L
I'd be happy with that, even though I was predicted all A*'s and a B :tongue:

what about you?

Woah! Your smart :eek:...don't mind me I'm not very academic :p: but I'd like to get an A* in my Art, As in English and Geography, Bs in Science, RE, ICT and a C in Maths! I don't want to set my hopes too high incase I'm disappointed on Tuesday & Thursday :frown:
IrishPerson
Ive a list of:
what id like to get
what i think il get
worst possible outcome
lolol i cnt wait to compare them

Yeah I made a wee list like that actually!!
Hopefully we'll get what we would like to get :smile:
yeah babyyy
Reply 91
MissesTwishes
Woah! Your smart :eek:...don't mind me I'm not very academic :p: but I'd like to get an A* in my Art, As in English and Geography, Bs in Science, RE, ICT and a C in Maths! I don't want to set my hopes too high incase I'm disappointed on Tuesday & Thursday :frown:

I'm not smart at all! I know what I've done well in and what I haven't done so well in :/
I think I'm quite hard on myself though - I like to strive for the best and if I don't get it i'm bummed :tongue:
but I'll be happy with whatever I get, as long as it's not lower than a B in everything but maths :smile:

A tip I was given is to make a list of how you think your whole class would do, in rank order of who you think will have done the best and include yourself! You may surprise yourself where you come in the list when you get the results - you could be higher up the ranking table than you thought :smile:

Talk about a confidence boost :biggrin:
rachlala14
I'm not smart at all! I know what I've done well in and what I haven't done so well in :/
I think I'm quite hard on myself though - I like to strive for the best and if I don't get it i'm bummed :tongue:
but I'll be happy with whatever I get, as long as it's not lower than a B in everything but maths :smile:

A tip I was given is to make a list of how you think your whole class would do, in rank order of who you think will have done the best and include yourself! You may surprise yourself where you come in the list when you get the results - you could be higher up the ranking table than you thought :smile:

Talk about a confidence boost :biggrin:

Yeah definitely. Confidence is something I lack in :p:
I just really want to know how I've done now :frown:
The waiting is killing me
Ah well...tomorrow it will only be 2 days away
:sigh:
Reply 93
MissesTwishes
Yeah definitely. Confidence is something I lack in :p:
I just really want to know how I've done now :frown:
The waiting is killing me
Ah well...tomorrow it will only be 2 days away
:sigh:

That's still like..FOREVER away :L
Haha random but I love our teachers, they treat us like grown ups :smile: we were allowed to have coffee and tea during classes and take lots of breaks and things! Some don't even mind texting, as long as you've finished your work :L My RE teacher wrote a job reference for me too!
No wonder my school is like 2nd in northern Ireland :P: we have such class craic and learn a lot!
At the end of term the teachers go crazy! It's hilarious!
It sounds like I do no work :tongue:

we're friends with our postman so he's gonna phone me when he comes across my results in the sorting office and bring them out to me instead of having to queue :biggrin: thank god, queuing for my results would make me dead nervous :s-smilie:
why would u have to queue? theyr getting delivered to our houses?
Reply 95
IrishPerson
why would u have to queue? theyr getting delivered to our houses?

a lot of people go to the post office at 7.30 to collect results as we don't get our post until 2 or so, so a queue forms for results at the post office early in the morning! :smile: I had to queue for my transfer results
OOOOOOOOOO i might do thatttt!! hmmmmmmm i dnt know which post office tho lol
rachlala14
That's still like..FOREVER away :L
Haha random but I love our teachers, they treat us like grown ups :smile: we were allowed to have coffee and tea during classes and take lots of breaks and things! Some don't even mind texting, as long as you've finished your work :L My RE teacher wrote a job reference for me too!
No wonder my school is like 2nd in northern Ireland :P: we have such class craic and learn a lot!
At the end of term the teachers go crazy! It's hilarious!
It sounds like I do no work :tongue:

we're friends with our postman so he's gonna phone me when he comes across my results in the sorting office and bring them out to me instead of having to queue :biggrin: thank god, queuing for my results would make me dead nervous :s-smilie:

Lol cool sounds fun! We'd get tea and stuff sometimes (especially during stressful exam weeks!). I have some really awesome teachers in my school as well, and I'm getting 3 of them for A-Level! :biggrin: They are all guys and I suppose would be described as the heart throbs of the school ahahhaaha. All the girls in my year hate me of course because I'm hogging them all for A-Level lmao. :o:

2nd in N.I.?! Woah, you go to a good school :/
Mines nothing special tbh, although we are the top school for A-Level ICT results :cool: (even though I hate ICT but oh well :rolleyes:)
Reply 98
MissesTwishes
Lol cool sounds fun! We'd get tea and stuff sometimes (especially during stressful exam weeks!). I have some really awesome teachers in my school as well, and I'm getting 3 of them for A-Level! :biggrin: They are all guys and I suppose would be described as the heart throbs of the school ahahhaaha. All the girls in my year hate me of course because I'm hogging them all for A-Level lmao. :o:

2nd in N.I.?! Woah, you go to a good school :/
Mines nothing special tbh, although we are the top school for A-Level ICT results :cool: (even though I hate ICT but oh well :rolleyes:)

how come most male teachers are hot?! Apart from the old ones..ewww :tongue:
A Level ICT looks hard!! I really want to be one of those cool teachers that is really fashionable but an amazing and funny teacher :tongue: maybe I'm wishing too much :L

Not to be a killjoy, but loads of people seem to be unhappy with this years A level results from CCEA..lets hope it's not the same for us!
I know a guy who literally studied most days for the past year for his AS levels and he got a BCC and he's so smart! Now he can't be a vet :frown:

ugh I shouldn't have mentioned that now! I don't want to throw away my future career! I'm now thinking that studying harder may have paid off :s-smilie:
Reply 99
examined
Wellll it's early days yet, I might go into something totally random like, say, Photography!? :L Which I don't really like but just saying...

I hate the way careers teachers push you from first year to pick a career and stick with it!
What 12 year old honestly knows what they want to do 10 years down the line?! I don't think my careers teacher gives a flying beep about our future, we're just keeping her in a job until she reaches retirement, which will probably be soon :P: but she's a lovely lady, just nuts!
Do you have any teachers that sound similar? :L every school has one I think!