Turn on thread page Beta

If you cheated on someone, would you tell them? watch

Announcements

My best friend had been with her boyfriend for like a year, and had been thinking of splitting up with him for the past month or so. On Wednesday, in the middle of the day, while completely sober, her making the first move, she kissed someone else! She then split up with her boyfriend in the evening, giving him some fake reason that wasn't true, and later that night slept with the person she originally kissed...

I'm the only person (Apart form the guy that she cheated with obv) that knows she cheated first or that she slept with someone else literally HOURS after... obviously I'm not asking if I should tell because it's not my place, but does anyone else think this is wrong? It's not really even the cheating thing that gets me, it's the fact that this boy has no idea!

Just wondering, cos I wanted to rant about it and cos I can't tell anyone in real life thought I would here!

ReputationRep:
    Well personally i think it isnt great behaviour but it is her life and she can live it how she likes. Your in the worse position as if you dont agree with her bahaviour then its hard to be friends with someone, unless you are super tolerant.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, i would tell them because;
    1) i would have enough respect for my partner to tell them the truth
    2) i doubt i'd be able to handle the guilt.

Another option, just don't cheat in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm for me, it depends. i have cheated on people and not told them. but then...i didn't just break up with the guy afterward for a made up reason. we broke up for a real reason. i think whether or not you tell them depends on how much you really care about your relationship with them, whether you don't want to lose them and whether you care about telling the truth.
    so basically...if you love em, you should tell em.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't do it, but I'm too honest, so yes.

I cheated and told my then bf. I know i'd done wrong and he at least deserved to know the truth. You have to take responsibilty for your actions and i did!

ReputationRep:
    I think she made the right move to split with him immediately, but she should tell him herself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink_princess1990)
    Another option, just don't cheat in the first place.

Woooohooo lets all applaud the moron, got a time machine?

idiot

ReputationRep:
    Well, its not something I would ever do.

BUT for arguements sake, if it ever happened id tell the other person for sure.

For one because it was ever done to me, no matter what, I would want to know.
    For two, because the other person has the right to know and make an informed decision regarding the realtionship based on that.
    Thirdly, the fact you cheated anyway shows a lack of respect and regard for your partner (mistake or not) and not telling them is further lack of respect.
    And furthermore, I couldnt live with the guilt. Id rather tell them and have them make their decision whatever it may be and attempt to start with a clean slate. If I ended up losing them, as heartbreaking as it might be hopefully it would teach me a valuable lesson not to be a ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hova)
    Woooohooo lets all applaud the moron, got a time machine?

idiot
    I take it from that response then you've cheated before. And if you haven't i apologise. But maybe people need to get some more self-control and just dont cheat. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    I take it from that response then you've cheated before. And if you haven't i apologise. But maybe people need to get some more self-control and just dont cheat. Idiot.
    I haven't cheated before, but maybe you need some more self control in regards to your idiotic spelling. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hova)
    I haven't cheated before, but maybe you need some more self control in regards to your idiotic spelling. Idiot.
    Come on then know-it-all, what did i spell wrong? Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    then you've cheated before
    THEN

hahahahahahahahahahaha

that

ReputationRep:
    just leave it what goes around comes around remeber, and shes done it now so the least she owes him is a truthful explanation and if she cant provide that then you just live with being a liar. btw does any one know how you actually start a thread on here i have no idea.....
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Having done it before and not told the person I know what it's like to try and hide such a thing. I would definitely be honest if it happened again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starts in A - ends in A)
    just leave it what goes around comes around remeber, and shes done it now so the least she owes him is a truthful explanation and if she cant provide that then you just live with being a liar. btw does any one know how you actually start a thread on here i have no idea.....
    You're from Bradford...

Aren't you meant to say "Allow it blad"...:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hova)
    THEN

hahahahahahahahahahaha

that
    I think you'll find that it is spelt correctly actually, so hahahaha, unless you've got a new way of spelling 'then', no i didn't think so. Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll find that it is spelt correctly actually, so hahahaha, unless you've got a new way of spelling 'then', no i didn't think so. Grow up.
    Re-read what you said and then change then to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    You're from Bradford...

Aren't you meant to say "Allow it blad"...:ninja:
    urm... pardon?
    and meant to say what????
    and yes i am from bradford....lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hova)
    Re-read what you said and then change then to that.
    That's grammar, not spelling.

Anyways, on topic, yes I would considering I would expect to be told if it happened to me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.