Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone!!

Basically im really wanting to do a Law degree (LLB), however i can only obtain realistically 270 ucas pts due to a completely bad choice on doing a BTEC Sport equivilent to 2 a levels (not sure how lol). However ithas outlined that im really keen on doing Sports law and going into that sector of work! Although im sure that when covering the fundamentals of law i some of the other units will most probably be enjoyable and i may then wish to follow up on that sector!!

Mainly im looking for any information on Universitys that may take me. however i realise it needs to be the most respected uni possible with the relevant entry requirements for me!! basically not somewhere like edgehill. if possible :/

Any help would be great!!! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone!!

Basically im really wanting to do a Law degree (LLB), however i can only obtain realistically 270 ucas pts due to a completely bad choice on doing a BTEC Sport equivilent to 2 a levels (not sure how lol). However ithas outlined that im really keen on doing Sports law and going into that sector of work! Although im sure that when covering the fundamentals of law i some of the other units will most probably be enjoyable and i may then wish to follow up on that sector!!

Mainly im looking for any information on Universitys that may take me. however i realise it needs to be the most respected uni possible with the relevant entry requirements for me!! basically not somewhere like edgehill. if possible :/

ReputationRep:
    can I ask what GCSE's you got please ?

ReputationRep:
    what is 270 tariff points in actual grades. and are you doing any real a levels and not ****** BTECs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg1004)
    hi everyone!!

Is there no chance you could get anymore UCAS points and what are your GCSE's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beatleboar)
    Is there no chance you could get anymore UCAS points and what are your GCSE's?
    Emm well most ucas points i cud get to wud be like 280 and with the standard of teaching at the ****** college i go even tht wud be difficult! :/
    i got 3 A's, 4 B's 3 C's
    A's- Maths, Ict, Sport
    B's- Double Award Science, R.E, Business
    C's- English lit, Engish Language, Geography!

Quick reply to guy above no im not doing anything other then a ****** btec lol which ino is bad!! other then HSLA whih gives 30 ucas pts and perhaps a key skills or something, im unsure! This is why im asking!

But academically i am actually quite bright! i think!

ReputationRep:
    Emm well most ucas points i cud get to wud be like 280 and with the standard of teaching at the ****** college i go even tht wud be difficult! :/
    i got 3 A's, 4 B's 3 C's
    A's- Maths, Ict, Sport
    B's- Double Award Science, R.E, Business
    C's- English lit, Engish Language, Geography!

Quick reply to guy above no im not doing anything other then a ****** btec lol which ino is bad!! other then HSLA whih gives 30 ucas pts and perhaps a key skills or something, im unsure! This is why im asking!

But academically i am actually quite bright! i think!
    Teeside university , Brighton University and Huddersfield University are the ones that spring to mind. I am in a similar postion to you in wanting to apply for Law. Have you done anything relating to Law yet for your personal statement?

ReputationRep:
    I think 270 works out to, BBC or BCC :/

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=beatleboar]Teeside university , Brighton University and Huddersfield University are the ones that spring to mind. I am in a similar postion to you in wanting to apply for Law. Have you done anything relating to Law yet for your personal statement?[/QUOTE

I did a week work experience when i was in year 11! but other then that not really, apart from enless looking over the internet at what law consists of and what to expect etc..
    I looked at stafforshire for sports law degree but seems they need 300-320 i think.
    Although i cant pick and choose i really wanted to be in a city, i.e manchester, newcastle (born there). Whats thoughtds on poly unis for law? (Leeds met), (Man Met) :/

ReputationRep:
    I think 270 works out to, BBC or BCC :/
    BBC= 280 ucas points
    BCC=260 ucas points

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Greg1004]
    Teeside university , Brighton University and Huddersfield University are the ones that spring to mind. I am in a similar postion to you in wanting to apply for Law. Have you done anything relating to Law yet for your personal statement?[/QUOTE

I did a week work experience when i was in year 11! but other then that not really, apart from enless looking over the internet at what law consists of and what to expect etc..
    I looked at stafforshire for sports law degree but seems they need 300-320 i think.
    Although i cant pick and choose i really wanted to be in a city, i.e manchester, newcastle (born there). Whats thoughtds on poly unis for law? (Leeds met), (Man Met) :/
    Hmm depends what career you wish to pursue?

ReputationRep:
    BBC= 280 ucas points
    BCC=260 ucas points
    yh so wud be entry requirements around there!
    whats chances of getting into one askign for around 290-300 in clearing?

ReputationRep:
    yh so wud be entry requirements around there!
    whats chances of getting into one askign for around 290-300 in clearing?
    Quite good I think. does matter how good your PS is and reference.

ReputationRep:
    Quite good I think. does matter how good your PS is and reference.
    hmm thats bit more promising then!
    what sort of law career are you thinking of pursuing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi)
    what is 270 tariff points in actual grades. and are you doing any real a levels and not ****** BTECs
    260=BCC
    280=BBC

No other then GCSE's, which ino is bad lol

ReputationRep:
    Just did a quick search; 220 will get you into Anglia Ruskin, 280 into Aberystwyth and Birmingham City, all for LLB Law

ReputationRep:
    hmm thats bit more promising then!
    what sort of law career are you thinking of pursuing?
    Personally in the end I would like to myself as a Judge. you?

ReputationRep:
    That's a dilemma right there. But tbh, there are a lot of universities that accept 280 and below for Law degrees...just not great ones. It's often good to do a law degree with a language...they usually lower the entry requirement...but you'd only do that if you enjoyed languages etc lol.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=beatleboar]Personally in the end I would like to myself as a Judge. you?[/QUOT

Emm well as i said i waould like to go into sports law, perhaps generallyu a sports lawyer, as the field of sport law isnt huge therefore you tend to be generally carrying out tasks for most of the field!
    But im quite interested in criminal law i think it would be exciting being highly ranked in the police but i dont knwo to be honest i just think a law degree opens so many doors!!
    What unis are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Greg1004]
    Personally in the end I would like to myself as a Judge. you?[/QUOT

Emm well as i said i waould like to go into sports law, perhaps generallyu a sports lawyer, as the field of sport law isnt huge therefore you tend to be generally carrying out tasks for most of the field!
    But im quite interested in criminal law i think it would be exciting being highly ranked in the police but i dont knwo to be honest i just think a law degree opens so many doors!!
    What unis are you applying for?
    Oxford, LSE, UCL, Kings and Newcastle probably ( i would actually love to go to newcastle tbh)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.