Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youknowme66)
    Hey,

Ive been looking for a thread like this for ages!!

Greg1004 im in a very similar situation as you, wna study law at uni but im doing a national diploma in sports (mena be equivilant to 3 a-levels). Im really unsure what to do as from what ive read on other websites and threads going to an expoly uni can limit the options you have once you finish the degree??? (which seems really stupid!!)

Do you reckon that unis will see sport's as a non-academic subject and therefore lower my chances even more? Even if I get full distinctions (DDD)?

How do you guys/girls rate these unis for law:
    Reading
    Sussex
    Leicester
    (Sheffield)

thanks

From alot of Unis that ive emailed as long as you achieve the entry requirements then the subject is less of a problem, for example i would hgave loved to of gone to Northumbria for the Law exempting degree, they said that as long as i achieved a DDM or higher the subject doesnt matter!!
    I think its a case of emailing universities and asking the question!

ReputationRep:
    all i can suggest is getting as many extra activities as pos as its all about the person not just the grades (unless you are applying to top top uni's such as Oxbridge). If you can show you are keen, dedicated, hardworking and have aa genuine interest why shouldnt uni's accept you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.