Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an amazing idea for a drama and chat show, lol, I think it would be actually good. I want those ideas to become a reality. How do i go about it? How do I contact ITV or Channel 4/5 or sommat like that?

ReputationRep:
    Which channel do you think it would be best suited to? Don't pitch to more than one at a time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    Which channel do you think it would be best suited to? Don't pitch to more than one at a time.
    The drama aimed at ITV, I think. ITV are good at doing drama based shows. Then again it can be a channel 4. The chatshow is either channel 4 or 5

ReputationRep:
    For the drama, to send it to ITV, visit the following address to see what they're looking for:

http://www.itv.com/dramacommissioning

You'll need to contact Laura Mackie or her assistant to pitch a programme for commission. The best way to do this is to phone the non-viewer enquiries line on 02071566000 and ask for her contact details.

Channel 4, since they don't make their programmes in-house, only accept proposals from existing production companies who can make the programmes themselves. I assume you're not in this position, but more information can be found here:

http://www.channel4.com/corporate/4p...sal/index.html

Channel Five would therefore be your best bet, and the ideal person to pitch a chat show to would be Robi Dutta, whom you can e-mail at [email protected] with a pitching document.

ReputationRep:
    For channel 4 your best bet is contacting endemol? Who run big brother.

ReputationRep:
    thanks can anyone give me an idea what I can say to them...I wanna say something formal...very hard to think I want to say...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    thanks can anyone give me an idea what I can say to them...I wanna say something formal...very hard to think I want to say...
    Hi.
    What about writing out what you're gonna say like in a professional letter but you know, there's no need to say it word for word :p: Like pretending that you're applying for an internship eg. talking about why you're interested in that particular television channel; mention a few statistics about the ratings of a particular chat show (this will show you've done your research and they're likely to take you more seriously as well), then telling them about your idea, talking about how it's similar to the current chat shows that receive high ratings but is also an improvement and likely to bring in more audiences?
    I hope that's useful :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frank_drebin)
    Hi.
    What about writing out what you're gonna say like in a professional letter but you know, there's no need to say it word for word :p: Like pretending that you're applying for an internship eg. talking about why you're interested in that particular television channel; mention a few statistics about the ratings of a particular chat show (this will show you've done your research and they're likely to take you more seriously as well), then telling them about your idea, talking about how it's similar to the current chat shows that receive high ratings but is also an improvement and likely to bring in more audiences?
    I hope that's useful :o:
    thank you so much...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.