Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to keep straightened hair... straight for longer? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahds)
    Hey there. I need to get a new straigtener as my current one is in no state to use I saw the babyliss radiance on amazon and its got excellent reviews. But someone mentioned having to use de-ionised water for the straightener and it being hard to find. Is this true, or can you use normal tap water??

edit: I just went to the boots website and it's cheaper than in amazon! :eek: £46.99! Will they have it in store, or should i just order online(if i decide to get it)
    I was in Boots earlier and they had the offer on in store.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pina.Love)
    Yh I know said that in another thread and got neg repped for it!!
    Me too. It's ok, there's obviously some people on here that don't know any better, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachael-69)
    I use tap water in mine Id never heard of using that other de-ionised water but most the time i dont even bother with the water its optional. its meant to stay straighter with the water but i dont think it makes a difference my hair stays straight with no water in it. and my hair with out these straightners is frizzy curly and unbrushable i dont even section my hair now though i just run straightners over and its perfect in 5 mins

You could always nip into boots unless it says online offer be same price in the shop. look in the shop first if not buy them online. They are deff worth getting i think
    lol, i made a rash decision and scooted to boots today.. and yes! They did have a straightener. It's wierd, because I didn't anticipate getting a new straightener so soon... abit of an impulse buy. I stumbled across your post in the morn, and was impelled to research into this straigtener and liked what i read. Its awesome though, cause I had double points coupon and a coupon for 150 points when i spend 20+.. so it was wise getting it from the store (cant use coupons online). I'm so chuffed:woo: Havent tried it properly, going to wash hair tomorow then start from scratch, although gave my hair abit of a touch up today and it was pretty good And i now have 5 more sectioning clips to add to my fairly small collection... yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahds)
    lol, i made a rash decision and scooted to boots today.. and yes! They did have a straightener. It's wierd, because I didn't anticipate getting a new straightener so soon... abit of an impulse buy. I stumbled across your post in the morn, and was impelled to research into this straigtener and liked what i read. Its awesome though, cause I had double points coupon and a coupon for 150 points when i spend 20+.. so it was wise getting it from the store (cant use coupons online). I'm so chuffed:woo: Havent tried it properly, going to wash hair tomorow then start from scratch, although gave my hair abit of a touch up today and it was pretty good And i now have 5 more sectioning clips to add to my fairly small collection... yay!
    Glad your happy with themx

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.