Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

virgin or non virgin? who would you go for??? Watch

Well basically this is mostly directed at guys rather than girls, but girls opinions are valued just as much.

If a guy wants to enter a serious relationship, in which he wants to last and go into marriage eventually is he going to prefer having an experienced partner? Or a virgin?
    I am a virgin, and intend to stay one until I have found the right one, who I want to spend the rest of my life with but unfortunately I am a afraid this might scare men that being inexperienced means i am going to be weird about it. is this a true opinion, do men find women who are saving them selves for the right one unattractive and avoidable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If a guy wants to enter a serious relationship, in which he wants to last and go into marriage eventually is he going to prefer having an experienced partner? Or a virgin?
    He's not going to care because he wants a serious relationship with you.

The faintest idea of marriage won't come into it until (sensibly) a year or so (but these days you only need to be going out a couple of months to pop the question or have a baby :rolleyes:).

A guy will like you for you. If you're not having sex before marriage, he'll know that when he gets into the relationship with you. He'll probably get sexually frustrated but it's not the end of the world. There is the possibility that he will cheat due to that horniness, but if he does then you will know he wasn't right for you in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    A guy will like you for you. If you're not having sex before marriage, he'll know that when he gets into the relationship with you. He'll probably get sexually frustrated but it's not the end of the world.
    I agree with this bit.

I don't think being a virgin would be the part that'd put the majority of people off, it's just the no sex before marriage bit that which might be an issue. Or is it just no sex until you've found someone you want to be with long term?

I know my opinion doesn't really help seen as how I'm not male, but I'd have no problem dating a virgin, but I would expect to have sex during the relationship fairly soon, just because I think it makes the relationship a lot more intimate, and you feel closer to them.

ReputationRep:
    I am a guy and I honestly wouldn't care if the girl was a virgin or not. Thing is if she was a virgin I would hope to take the title away :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have no objection to a girl being a virgin or not. If i like the girl for who she is it isnt going to make the slightest bit of difference in the long run.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Much prefer non virgins. Don't really want much to do (sexually) with virgins, really.

ReputationRep:
    i think its weird but not unattractive? ...well, i would probably assume they are religious which is a no-go for me so my reply is kinda pointless, sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Much prefer non virgins. Don't really want much to do (sexually) with virgins, really.
    Out of interest - why?

ReputationRep:
    I think I would prefer a girl with some experience (don't care how much, how many people a girl someone has slept with doesn't matter to me at all). I do find virgins a little intimidating though, in that you always hear about how a girls first time is painful and traumatic and all that. But if it was a long term thing, it wouldnt put me off.

ReputationRep:
    I'd quite like to have a virgin at some point... probably won't happen though!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    Out of interest - why?
    Because I want good sex and not to have to commit before getting it (virgins tend to want some sort of commitment before having sex - their prerogative). I'm not waiting months and months for something which will be much worse than I am used to, basically.

I'm a girl so this won't be much use but I'd much rather be with a guy who was a non-virgin. I like guys who are experienced and confident, who know what they're doing in bed, know what they enjoy, and can teach me new things, so I'd just find a virgin really off-putting.

Also I don't really get why people would aim to only sleep with one person in their lifetime. If I'd waited til marriage to have sex, I know I'd spent the rest of my life wondering what it would be like to have sex with someone different. And so if I started seeing a guy who was a virgin, I'd be wondering if he felt like that.

But thats just my opinion. I don't think most guys will be put off by you being a virgin. I think its seen as more normal for girls to wait for sex as opposed to guys. Also, I guess its a good 'filter' to find the guys who really like you for you, and aren't just using you for sex.

(Original post by Smack)
    Because I want good sex and not to have to commit before getting it (virgins tend to want some sort of commitment before having sex - their prerogative). I'm not waiting months and months for something which will be much worse than I am used to, basically.
    I agree with this. No matter how much chemistry you have with someone, some people are just naturally crap in bed and always will be. I fancied one guy for about 3 years, but when we actually had sex he was terrible and I really went off him. Some people have a really romanticised attitude to sex, but imagine if you started dating a virgin, were with them for a few years before getting married, finally had sex with them and found out they were really bad in bed or that they had no sex drive etc. Sex is a big part of a lasting relationship, so I personally would need to know that we were sexually compatible before getting too committed.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that a girl is a virgin or not is pretty much a non-issue to me. By itself anyway. The reasons are important. If they are waiting for marriage I wouldn't consider a relationship with them at all. If they are waiting for "the right person" I might consider it but honestly I'd feel like they are judging me. It wouldn't be a particularly nice feeling to think that my girlfriend is refusing to have sex with me until she deems me worthy.

Realistically speaking, it's unlikely I'd end up in a relationship with someone that thinks that way.

I'm a virgin and for some reason I hate the thought that a girl I'm with has had sex with someone else so I would probably prefer a virgin. I'd rather I didn't feel this way, I don't know why I do.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm female so I guess I'm not the right person to answer, but I am a virgin myself and wouldn't mind either way, although I would prefer to lose my virginity to someone I was at least going out with (I'm not 'waiting for the right person' and all of that). I wouldn't have sex with a guy on a one night stand my first time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skids)
    I'm a virgin and for some reason I hate the thought that a girl I'm with has had sex with someone else so I would probably prefer a virgin. I'd rather I didn't feel this way, I don't know why I do.
    I used to feel this way. Kind of still do, but not so much as before with my second girl. In hindsight, I think the whole issue was paranoia about my own worth and ability.

I know my girl has been with a few other guys. I'm not happy about it - I'm the jealous type (not the angry agressive type but the kind of one which lets it get to theirself in private), but it's a lot easier this time around to put it behind myself. It's not her problem, it's mine and I deal with it as such. I don't think of it this time though, I just don't want to know about it.

I guess my response is that it would be so nice to have a girl who hadn't been with anyone before. But at my age it's a slight bit unrealistic and also, ultimately it can't matter that much because when it has come down to it, it's not bothered me in the slightest.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.