Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are pretty skinny girls a bit thick? [Serious Q] Watch

ReputationRep:
    Why is it, for the most part... pretty skinny girls are well... a bit thick?

Why aren't there more beautiful/skinny AND clever girls?

Seriously.

One of the reasons why I'm still single is just cos I honestly don't get along with them, just cos we are "intellectually incompatible" [I'm not trying to patronising/condescending but I speak quite eloquently and well this is often seen misconstrued as the aforementioned]

or is it my fault for going for bimbos? and there are girls that exist that fufill the 3 criterias which seem to be polar opposites.

thanks x

ReputationRep:
    :burnout:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)

Seriously.

One of the reasons why I'm still single is just cos I honestly don't get along with them, just cos we are "intellectually incompatible" [I'm not trying to patronising/condescending but I speak quite eloquently and well this is often seen misconstrued as the aforementioned]

or is it my fault for going for bimbos? and there are girls that exist that fufill the 3 criterias which seem to be polar opposites.

thanks x
    They haven't had to work hard to be appreciated, hence the lack of anything interesting going on upstairs. People like you have always made a bee-line for them and if they look shiny and their laughter tinkles you're likely to be hooked for a while...until you feel the need to discuss anything of value.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, I think 'lol' sums this up pretty well.

Firstly you're making a generalisation which doesn't hold true everywhere- I know plenty of 'pretty skinny girls'. Some are thick, some are smart, one is off to Oxford this year. Its not a measure of intelligence.

If we assume it is, it could be because people of the tereotypes you may be thinking of spend more time listening/watching to music or applying makeup than studying.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    They're not.

I'm pretty, skinny, and smart. Yay.

ReputationRep:
    :bird:

ReputationRep:
    some girls are thick, some girls put on a act.. but not all pretty skinny are a "bit thick" lol

ReputationRep:
    Probably because with your love of fitness, you're going to want to go out with someone who takes care of their body in a similar way. Sometimes it's quite hard to fit both education and fitness into the same lifestyle, so they may come across as thick? Sometimes the girls may pretend to be thick because they think you might like them for it (it might make you feel more manly, or something?) Girls who spend a lot of time on their looks may be compensating for not being intelligent? Or maybe you're meeting the wrong people? Or being too strict on the looks aspect? Also it's quite hard to win the genetic lottery when it comes to natural looks AND natural intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    You're so mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amber2008)
    some girls are thick, some girls put on a act.. but not all pretty skinny are a "bit thick" lol
    oh yeh... there are fat ugly girls who are probably just as thick as their thunder thighs

but well i wouldn't know cos I don't talk to them

[hush !!! i'm just being honest.]

ReputationRep:
    They dont eat enough food to feed their brains so their brains shrivvel up.

ReputationRep:
    The anoxeric girls I have met in my lifetime (randomly btw, like in schools) are all overly ambitious girls. One girl applied to Oxford and failed ofc (got a AAB).

Not all though. My idential twin mates got E/Fs at GCSE but that's just them...

ReputationRep:
    im skinny and intelligent.
    you must hang around with morons. or youre just very arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    [I'm not trying to patronising/condescending but I speak quite eloquently and well this is often seen misconstrued as the aforementioned]
    I seriously LOL'd when I read that.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's just that all the pretty skinny clever girls know to avoid you. :p:

ReputationRep:
    oh yeh... there are fat ugly girls who are probably just as thick as their thunder thighs

but well i wouldn't know cos I don't talk to them

[hush !!! i'm just being honest.]
    Wow. You're not vain at all :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Seriously.

thanks x
    Hahaha I love the way you try and wind everyone up :yes:
    I'd positive rep you if it was worth it, but it's really not seeing as I have no rep power.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i know loads of beautiful, skinny, intelligent girls. College/University ftw .

ReputationRep:
    Another insane generalisation...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    The anoxeric girls I have met in my lifetime (randomly btw, like in schools) are all overly ambitious girls. One girl applied to Oxford and failed ofc (got a AAB).
    wow for being that stupid she deserves to be anorexic.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.