Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are pretty skinny girls a bit thick? [Serious Q] Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, at least this is the first sexist thread where the OP is not anon...I'll give you credit for that :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I know a fair no. of clever yet skinny girls, Some do have an odd day of being blonde or something. Maybe you just havent met the right Girls yet .. Look harder i guess

ReputationRep:
    Obviously, if you are less than average looking you are going to need something in your life to make you feel like you are worth something so you study... If you are above average looking then you are more likely to go for the 'party hard don't work much' attitude which results in less than average intelligence development.

Rarely, there are people who are above average in both areas. Just like it is rare to find a a really beautiful and sexy person who has 8/10 or above for all their features, it is rare to find someone who has both intelligence and beauty above 8/10.

This is, as i've explained, due to cultural reasons and for genetic reasons.

ReputationRep:
    There are pretty, skinny (why does skinniness matter) girls. Maybe they're just out of your league, so you never get a chance to talk to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    wow for being that stupid she deserves to be anorexic.
    Nope, applied for Law... very popular course, need a AAA. She's waiting a year, stupid really, got a place at Southampton...

It's a known fact that anorexics are overly ambitious... was in a newspaper study that most exceed their expections.

Now, stop being over-sensitive! Haha

(Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    Probably because with your love of fitness, you're going to want to go out with someone who takes care of their body in a similar way. Sometimes it's quite hard to fit both education and fitness into the same lifestyle, so they may come across as thick? Sometimes the girls may pretend to be thick because they think you might like them for it (it might make you feel more manly, or something?) Girls who spend a lot of time on their looks may be compensating for not being intelligent? Or maybe you're meeting the wrong people? Or being too strict on the looks aspect? Also it's quite hard to win the genetic lottery when it comes to natural looks AND natural intelligence.
    Your sig is tormenting me... What chat show was she on? :eek:

P.S I'm sure Emma Watson is a straight-A student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K the Failure)

Haha yeah but I doubt the OP has a chance with Emma Watson tbh
    And I have NO idea which show it was from...

ReputationRep:
    I hate threads like this, seriously. Everyone is obsessed with looks and weight.
    I am naturally slim size 8/10.. if that's what you are classing as skinny?
    I have always been in top classes and took my french gcse a year early, then took an AS course in French. I am not thick. This rule makes no sense, all classes at school are totally mixed with sizes. Only thing I will say, some girls around exam time were still hanging out and not working, social life was more important to them.It was generally the people with more interesting social lifes, hense, pretty girls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    They're not.

I'm pretty, skinny, and smart. Yay.
    Pretty, skinny, smart and humble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K the Failure)

jonathan ross.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    Pretty, skinny, smart and humble.
    None of those are exactly huge self-compliments.

ReputationRep:
    Probably because with your love of fitness, you're going to want to go out with someone who takes care of their body in a similar way. Sometimes it's quite hard to fit both education and fitness into the same lifestyle, so they may come across as thick? Sometimes the girls may pretend to be thick because they think you might like them for it (it might make you feel more manly, or something?) Girls who spend a lot of time on their looks may be compensating for not being intelligent? Or maybe you're meeting the wrong people? Or being too strict on the looks aspect? Also it's quite hard to win the genetic lottery when it comes to natural looks AND natural intelligence.
    interesting

I must admit I have quite selective standards when it comes towards looks.

I hate to bring race into it, but it serves a purpose in this regard, cos I only ever go for asian girls

basically this whole beauty and brains thing seems to be even harder to find amongst them

I mean I don't from the get-go say think "you are pretty, ergo you are thick"

but it's just, from my experience...the few who have fufilled both criteria have been far and few between

ReputationRep:
    Some girls pretend to be stupid because they know other girls wouldn't like them if they were pretty much perfect. :| True story.

ReputationRep:
    Op must know there are pretty, skinny, intelligent girls... there are so many, it would be impossible not to. Managed to evoke a lot of responses though. Well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    interesting

I must admit I have quite selective standards when it comes towards looks.

I hate to bring race into it, but it serves a purpose in this regard, cos I only ever go for asian girls

basically this whole beauty and brains thing seems to be even harder to find amongst them

I mean I don't from the get-go say think "you are pretty, ergo you are thick"

but it's just, from my experience...the few who have fufilled both criteria have been far and few between
    I know more asian girls with looks and brains than any other race I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Wow. You're not vain at all :rolleyes:
    he's as not vain as he's not veiny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    Some girls pretend to be stupid because they know other girls wouldn't like them if they were pretty much perfect. :| True story.
    This is partly true, but so many girls don't like girls who do do this. If the latter were smart enough they would realise this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    I hate threads like this, seriously. Everyone is obsessed with looks and weight.
    I am naturally slim size 8/10.. if that's what you are classing as skinny?
    I have always been in top classes and took my french gcse a year early, then took an AS course in French. I am not thick. This rule makes no sense, all classes at school are totally mixed with sizes. Only thing I will say, some girls around exam time were still hanging out and not working, social life was more important to them.It was generally the people with more interesting social lifes, hense, pretty girls?
    depends on your body structure

I tend to prefer small, like 5'0 to '5'3" and size 4-8

I never said it was a rule but it's just seems to be a common theme

ReputationRep:
    I would like to think I'm pretty, and I'm slim. I'm also not thick, and I know plenty of people like this! Maybe you just haven't met any yet, but it doesn't mean they don't exist!

ReputationRep:
    I know more asian girls with looks and brains than any other race I think
    where are these women?

seriously.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.