Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are pretty skinny girls a bit thick? [Serious Q] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    lol

I have a few gal pals

and they have slapped me for some of the stuff i've said.
    I thought so.

Try getting along with people in general rather than searching for 'beautiful/skinny AND clever girls'. :yep:

Good luck. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Out of curiosity do you think we need an excuse to be single?
    Not really, but those who say they 'choose' to be single are lying to themselves, mostly...

ReputationRep:
    she didn't break up with me because of me as a person, but situational/family issues.

it happens

such is life.

logically, there should be "another her" but that's proving difficult to find.
    You need to learn that no-one is 100% perfect, and that its difficult to find someone who satisfies your standards( that are quite high in your case), plus there is a variety of other factors that affect a relationship. At that rate your prospects are very grim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    I thought so.

Try getting along with people in general rather than searching for 'beautiful/skinny AND clever girls'. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/yep.gif

Good luck. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...smilies/yy.gif
    it doesn't bother me that I have no real friends

but it does bother me I have no gf

and yes I realise being more socialable would help things, but it's complex.

ReputationRep:
    In typical bengali style - saying it how it is, without fear of repurcussions :rofl:

Wouldn't it be because intelligent girls are aware that being skinny isn't the only requisite in life...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelonFace)
    Not really, but those who say they 'choose' to be single are lying to themselves, mostly...
    What makes you think that? I personally loathe the idea of being in a relationship right now. There's a lot of peer pressure to be in a relationship, to catogrise your emotions as a partnership form of love so on so forth. Whilst being in a relationship can be good for the individuals it doesn't mean it always is. My two past relationships have caused me much pain (whilst being in them and after they were) and were one of the ways I would avoid my personal problems and bury my head in the sand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    You need to learn that no-one is 100% perfect, and that its difficult to find someone who satisfies your standards( that are quite high in your case), plus there is a variety of other factors that affect a relationship. At that rate your prospects are very grim.
    Whilst she had her flaws, she certainly ticked a lot of boxes.

& I think it'd be quite unfair to someone if I "settled" for them.

because I know what I'm like, I couldn't do that to someone

ReputationRep:
    it doesn't bother me that I have no real friends

but it does bother me I have no gf

and yes I realise being more socialable would help things, but it's complex.
    What are you doing to solve this? :holmes:

Having narrow minded views doesn't help either. :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    What makes you think that? I personally loathe the idea of being in a relationship right now. There's a lot of peer pressure to be in a relationship, to catogrise your emotions as a partnership form of love so on so forth. Whilst being in a relationship can be good for the individuals it doesn't mean it always is. My two past relationships have caused me much pain (whilst being in them and after they were) and were one of the ways I would avoid my personal problems and bury my head in the sand.
    Its a primal instinct, if people didn't want relationship we'd have died out years ago...

You're point of view is a little biased at the moment, but hopefully you'll be able to recover from your pain in the future

ReputationRep:
    You can make a thick girl clever, but you can't make an ugly girl pretty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    Sometimes it's quite hard to fit both education and fitness into the same lifestyle

Not really true tbh, since we have a fairly active subforum of people that tick both the student and 'some form of athlete' boxes on this forum alone. People that are interested in fitness, are not so far removed from the real world that they do not find time to study etc.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst she had her flaws, she certainly ticked a lot of boxes.

& I think it'd be quite unfair to someone if I "settled" for them.

because I know what I'm like, I couldn't do that to someone
    I wouldn't date you tbh, no matter how good-looking you are (if you are, that is), because you strike me as a shallow and a picky person. But on the other hand I know you wouldn't date me either because I'm fat and ugly- such is the life. But I know that if I had to choose between someone average-looking and intelligent and charming, and someone shallow and handsome, I would choose intelligent anytime (but thats my opinion)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    What are you doing to solve this? http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ies/holmes.gif

Having narrow minded views doesn't help either. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...smilies/no.gif
    currently, not much

cos I kinda gave up after my many rejections/failed attempts.

and I've done a fair bit in terms of exploring avenues

but it usually ended up with a "i'm not interested/i see you as a friend" line.

that and asian girls are complex.

asian people will agree with the below statement;

"for the most part, there are 2 types of asian girls - the going out/have fun type and the stay at home/get married type"

i don't get along with the 1st type [i tried, but I'm not that way] and 2nd type is more of "i dont date, i get married/religious" type

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelonFace)
    Its a primal instinct, if people didn't want relationship we'd have died out years ago...

You're point of view is a little biased at the moment, but hopefully you'll be able to recover from your pain in the future
    So because I've had some painful experiences in the past that makes my current view point biased but if we go into the future to say, 2030 my view point will no longer be biased?
    To be onest I think I've mainly moved on from the pains I have had, although I also believe we're in a state of constant flux, nothing is permanent and that experiences to our past selves will forever be part of the mould of who we are.

To say that we'd have died out years ago if we didn't have relationships sounds a bit ********** to me. I mean if instead of relationships we had sex, we may or may not have died out years ago. All you've really done is not tackled the points and arguments I've made and attempt to patronise me, and to be blunt, it doesn't look to have worked out all that well so far.

ReputationRep:
    Yess, healthy dose of the Adonis Daily...

ReputationRep:
    currently, not much

"for the most part, there are 2 types of asian girls - the going out/have fun type and the stay at home/get married type"

i don't get along with the 1st type [i tried, but I'm not that way] and 2nd type is more of "i dont date, i get married/religious" type
    Have you ever looked into buddhism? I've had to for my course but a lot of it is really interesting, I'm athiest (or agnostic, or whatever) but the way of life and my attitude towards thinking about things has certainly changed after looking into some basic buddhists concepts.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't bother reading the thread because, well you're an idiot. You can have both (smarts and looks), but for two reason you can't get girl with both of these:

1. You aren't looking in the right places, ever think what public schools are full off?
    2. Because you can't get the girls that have it all. The best girls have nice figures, faces and they're also intelligent. You're just sub standard so either you have to have a smart girl that isn't great looking or a bimbo.

Have a nice day.
    Tim.

ReputationRep:
    currently, not much

Many rejections/failed attempts isn't a bad thing. You should learn from your mistakes/experiences. :yep:

I don't know about asian girls and your generalised statement. If you believe it to be true, how do you expect to find your perfect woman (if you go for asian women)? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I wouldn't date you tbh, no matter how good-looking you are (if you are, that is), because you strike me as a shallow and a picky person. But on the other hand I know you wouldn't date me either because I'm fat and ugly- such is the life. But I know that if I had to choose between someone average-looking and intelligent and charming, and someone shallow and handsome, I would choose intelligent anytime (but thats my opinion)
    lol, What makes you think I'm not intelligent?

just because I place emphasis on looks?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.