Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are pretty skinny girls a bit thick? [Serious Q] Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea how you manage to troll successfully with every thread you make in H&R, Adonis. I'm vaguely jealous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    lol, What makes you think I'm not intelligent?

just because I place emphasis on looks?
    A lot of people are called shallow because they want something nice to look at in a relationship, it's not really suprising they want something, in most if not all relationships there surely needs to be attraction.

ReputationRep:
    well im pretty skinny and intelligent (4A's) at alevel.

you OP are silly or maybe the IQ's of the girls' you go after far eclipses your own, hence it come off to as stupid.

or you're looking in the wrong place for girls as they do exist.
    but with a thread like this it is likely they will be out of your league

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    Many rejections/failed attempts isn't a bad thing. You should learn from your mistakes/experiences. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/yep.gif

I don't know about asian girls and your generalised statement. If you believe it to be true, how do you expect to find your perfect woman (if you go for asian women)? http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ies/holmes.gif
    It may not be a "bad" thing, but it certainly affects your mood and approaching people because you start to develop this fear of rejection

& Please don't get me wrong.

I do not approach people with the preconceived ideas of how they are based on their appearance

but rather... to date, this observation has held true.

and this is a side/seperate issue.

and it was meant to highlight the issue of how asian girls mentalities are, and if you speak to a lot of them, you'll start to notice trends

a LOT of them, really don't "do the dating thing" so they'd rather just meet someone, and marry them soonafter and hold off looking until they are like 21+

the others..who do date/go out, tend to be harder to get along with for me, in that... we really are incompatible people because they go to the otherside of the spectrum to how I am as a person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    I have no idea how you manage to troll successfully with every thread you make in H&R, Adonis. I'm vaguely jealous.
    I'm selective in what I write.

I could do more controversial threads, but even my "tame" threads, get deleted within the hour

so be a bit futile to spend time creating them if they will be deleted within mins

ReputationRep:
    Its probably generally true tbh. Not based on experience but on the thought that naturally attractive people find society accepts them without achieving anything with the mind.

ReputationRep:
    I'm selective in what I write.

I could do more controversial threads, but even my "tame" threads, get deleted within the hour

so be a bit futile to spend time creating them if they will be deleted within mins
    Must be awesome being able to ask stupid questions and get away with it. :/

ReputationRep:
    It may not be a "bad" thing, but it certainly affects your mood and approaching people because you start to develop this fear of rejection

& Please don't get me wrong.

I do not approach people with the preconceived ideas of how they are based on their appearance

but rather... to date, this observation has held true.

and this is a side/seperate issue.

and it was meant to highlight the issue of how asian girls mentalities are, and if you speak to a lot of them, you'll start to notice trends

a LOT of them, really don't "do the dating thing" so they'd rather just meet someone, and marry them soonafter and hold off looking until they are like 21+

the others..who do date/go out, tend to be harder to get along with for me, in that... we really are incompatible people because they go to the otherside of the spectrum to how I am as a person
    Would you rather not approach anyone, develop a huge fear of rejection and continuously create threads in H&R asking for help or approach women, maybe get knocked back sometimes and learn from your experiences? :holmes: I did the latter.

Regards to your 'observation', I don't know what to say but I don't believe you.

ReputationRep:
    i know lots of skinny and clever girls..so i'm guessing you don't know enough people...

ReputationRep:
    Honestly some people can just be so picky! Brains AND beauty? It's one or the other bub!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar_and_spice)
    Honestly some people can just be so picky! Brains AND beauty? It's one or the other bub!
    Do you ever wonder what it would be like for you to have a brain? :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    hahah

But yes, I'd probably not walk into bushes so much and I would never have believed that the word "gullible" was taken out of the dictionary... :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    Not really true tbh, since we have a fairly active subforum of people that tick both the student and 'some form of athlete' boxes on this forum alone. People that are interested in fitness, are not so far removed from the real world that they do not find time to study etc.
    :shh:
    I was trying to be nice.
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    What if the books green eggs and ham?
    Shows she has an ironic sense of humour. She may be doing a PhD in children's books?
    (Original post by Abhead)
    Emma Watson: slim, gorgeous, intellegent and successful.
    She's not Asian though.

ReputationRep:
    haha backhanded compliments yay!

ReputationRep:
    It's because when girls can coach their way through life on their looks then they don't need to really study. They can make money off of their looks or golddig guys or whatever.

Try and have a semi-intelligent conversation with a model and see how long that lasts lol.

ReputationRep:
    lol, What makes you think I'm not intelligent?

just because I place emphasis on looks?
    Not saying you are not intelligent yourself, just saying that you are shallow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar_and_spice)
    hahah

But yes, I'd probably not walk into bushes so much and I would never have believed that the word "gullible" was taken out of the dictionary... :o:
    :eek: If you do that regularly, you probably have a lot of scars on your pins!

ReputationRep:
    How skinny do you mean skinny is?

ReputationRep:
    possibly one of the biggest generalisations of the century?....kinda sexist as well...in fact suddenly it has dawned on me that most hot guys with ripping abs just don't match up to my IQ demands....oh me oh my whatever shall I do....I just couldn't ever go for a guy with less than an 8 pack who doesn't have the face of adonis and have a BA from cambridge, MBA from Harvard and a Phd from Imperial....someone call jebus the sky is falling because I shall never find this man!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    brains are directly proportional to brawn. you're mensa worthy.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.