Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are pretty skinny girls a bit thick? [Serious Q] Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure there are. You probably just go for bimbos.

ReputationRep:
    Met far more dumb fat ugly girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    Re: Why are pretty skinny girls a bit thick? [Serious Q]
    There's your problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meenapixi)
    possibly one of the biggest generalisations of the century?....kinda sexist as well...in fact suddenly it has dawned on me that most hot guys with ripping abs just don't match up to my IQ demands....oh me oh my whatever shall I do....I just couldn't ever go for a guy with less than an 8 pack who doesn't have the face of adonis and have a BA from cambridge, MBA from Harvard and a Phd from Imperial....someone call jebus the sky is falling because I shall never find this man!!!!!
    He'll be ready for you at 12.

ReputationRep:
    I speak quite eloquently and well this is often seen misconstrued as the aforementioned
    :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    OK, so that one girlacquaintance you had was skinny and thick (hehe notice pun?).

But honestly, generalizing is not just wrong, misleading and dumb, but makes you a hypocrite. Why? Well, let's see, you don't like skinny girls because, according to your scientific, rigurous research, they are stupid, but at the same time you expect to be considered smart despite the fact that you're obviously stereotyping blindly and making baseless connections in your brain about the quality skinny and the quality smart.

ReputationRep:
    lol, I don't proof-read my threads

my mind is a mess and i have many thoughts at one time, so that was a combo of two thoughts

and too lazy to go back and edit it out.

ReputationRep:
    Is that the smell of jealousy I'm feeling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)
    OK, so that one girlacquaintance you had was skinny and thick (hehe notice pun?).

But honestly, generalizing is not just wrong, misleading and dumb, but makes you a hypocrite. Why? Well, let's see, you don't like skinny girls because, according to your scientific, rigurous research, they are stupid, but at the same time you expect to be considered smart despite the fact that you're obviously stereotyping blindly and making baseless connections in your brain about the quality skinny and the quality smart.
    How am I a hypocrite?

I like skinny girls, and was just saying, the pretty skinny ones [that I've met] on the whole, aren't too high on the IQometer

ReputationRep:
    Why is it, for the most part... pretty skinny girls are well... a bit thick?

Why aren't there more beautiful/skinny AND clever girls?

Seriously.

One of the reasons why I'm still single is just cos I honestly don't get along with them, just cos we are "intellectually incompatible" [I'm not trying to patronising/condescending but I speak quite eloquently and well this is often seen misconstrued as the aforementioned]

or is it my fault for going for bimbos? and there are girls that exist that fufill the 3 criterias which seem to be polar opposites.

thanks x

They can't have it all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    He'll be ready for you at 12.
    thanks for that

ReputationRep:
    Alot of them really are not thick they just act it to fit in with thier girls or sometimes they think a man wont like them if they are intellgent so they act dumb. It annoys me sometimes they is so many beautiful smart girls who could make so much out of life if they tried but they just want to be accepted and not seen as geeky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachael-69)
    Alot of them really are not thick they just act it to fit in with thier girls or sometimes they think a man wont like them if they are intellgent so they act dumb. It annoys me sometimes they is so many beautiful smart girls who could make so much out of life if they tried but they just want to be accepted and not seen as geeky
    aww coventry =]

ReputationRep:
    too busy having sex to worry about petty things like the accumulation of knowledge

*cough*

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried Opera or Dr Phil? :confused:

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/...cheerupemo.jpg

ReputationRep:
    aww coventry =]
    Whats wrong with Cov?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachael-69)
    Whats wrong with Cov?
    nothing, hence the =]

I go uni there, and was there until last week

so miss it

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok then lol. Im hoping to go Cov uni next year.

ReputationRep:
    How am I a hypocrite?

I like skinny girls, and was just saying, the pretty skinny ones [that I've met] on the whole, aren't too high on the IQometer
    What you are saying is that all skinny girls are stupid. If you're only referring to the ones you have met, then the conversation pretty much ends here because there is nothing to discuss. However, the reason I'm saying you are a hypocrite is that you assume that skinny girls are "low on the IQometre", but you don't realize that making this generalization puts you low on the "common senseometre".

Just meet more skinny girls and you'll realize that you're talking about a correlation simply due to few numbers of people. It's like saying that all tall women are keen readers. It may be perfectly true and applicable to the women you've met, but completely false overall in terms of population.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)
    What you are saying is that all skinny girls are stupid. If you're only referring to the ones you have met, then the conversation pretty much ends here because there is nothing to discuss. However, the reason I'm saying you are a hypocrite is that you assume that skinny girls are "low on the IQometre", but you don't realize that making this generalization puts you low on the "common senseometre".

Just meet more skinny girls and you'll realize that you're talking about a correlation simply due to few numbers of people. It's like saying that all tall women are keen readers. It may be perfectly true and applicable to the women you've met, but completely false overall in terms of population.
    Adonis has been put off by stupid skinny girls and has be purely turned on by fat chicks now. Such is life.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.