Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are pretty skinny girls a bit thick? [Serious Q] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    Why is it, for the most part... pretty skinny girls are well... a bit thick?

Why aren't there more beautiful/skinny AND clever girls?

Seriously.

One of the reasons why I'm still single is just cos I honestly don't get along with them, just cos we are "intellectually incompatible" [I'm not trying to patronising/condescending but I speak quite eloquently and well this is often seen misconstrued as the aforementioned]

or is it my fault for going for bimbos? and there are girls that exist that fufill the 3 criterias which seem to be polar opposites.

thanks x
    Its your veins man, they are just too sexy for any type of girl. Fact.

ReputationRep:
    oh yeh... there are fat ugly girls who are probably just as thick as their thunder thighs

but well i wouldn't know cos I don't talk to them

[hush !!! i'm just being honest.]
    ur so cocky. maybe that's why you dont have a girlfriend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    Haha yeah but I doubt the OP has a chance with Emma Watson tbh
    And I have NO idea which show it was from...
    That sofa/backdrop is from letterman iirc

ReputationRep:
    I think weight is irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    I know (and have got with :o: ) plently of intelligent fit girls

ReputationRep:
    Judging by a lot of my friends who are *gorgeous*, slim and smart enough to go to Oxford I think it's a question of:

a) you not impressing the right girls. I know for one that my friends are extremely, extremely picky. If you want a girl who is a 'catch', I'm afraid you are going to have to get in their league.

b) you not being in the right social scene to attract such girls - i.e., they are not going to come to your room and find you. And I doubt they'll be the ones who look around for guys at the gym, either.

Here is a sense of the kind of guys my friends (and I) have dated (around Uni age):
    Guy whose parents own an island and who is pretty high up in student politics
    Vaguely known actor (and student)
    Other hacks (people in student politics - JCR/Union Presidents)
    Old Etonians etc. who can write their own ticket in investment banking/journalism/magic circle law firms.
    Extremely bright scholars who are going to rock the world of academia.

So in other words, take all these positive character traits you require of women and then go one better. These guys have to be smart, intelligent and in shape whilst also being rich, famous and or talented and ambitious. This girl is not going to walk up to a guy she doesn't know and give him the time of day. :nopity:

My advice? Become this guy or stop expecting so much . Get to know people, they may surprise you. One thing I have learnt from being around great people is that first impressions of stupidity/slowness are *very* often wrong. It is those who have a great deal of pomp and ceremony that are compensating for something. When I met one of my best friends - ballet dancer (unbelievable legs, petite), friendly and gorgeous I was relieved because she was my tute partner and didn't seem all that smart. Boy, was I wrong. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Has it occurred that perhaps only stupid or desperate girls might approach you?

ReputationRep:
    they're thick because they don't NEED to be clever. They use their "beauty" to get places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Katie*)
    THAT is a post to end them all in this thead

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, why would you think attractive/skinny and smart are mutually exclusive? Aren't both of those traits just winning tickets in the genetic random lottery? Is it really so inconceivable that both could occur in the same person?
    I know a lot of beautiful girls who are also very smart. Maybe they just don't like it when guys use big words just for the sake of using big words, AKA pedantry. lol I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but they might see it that way. I myself tend to not exactly pull out the verbal big guns on a night out.

ReputationRep:
    Quite a lot of my friends are pretty, slim and smart. Maybe you're looking in the wrong places.

ReputationRep:
    nothing, hence the =]

I go uni there, and was there until last week

so miss it
    I thought you dropped out? You going back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    I thought you dropped out? You going back?
    I did.

Unlikely.

ReputationRep:

or is it my fault for going for bimbos? and there are girls that exist that fufill the 3 criterias which seem to be polar opposites.

they exist but with the added 'intelligent' element , they wouldn't go near anyone who starts a topic like this .

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.