Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how much do you think I'd be able to lose like this? Watch

ReputationRep:
    right i weigh 193 pounds/13 stones and a size 18 (UK)/16 (USA) and I want to go down to a size 12/14 and lose weight so that I'm at least 10 stone so that I'm healthier.
    I'll also be eatng weight watchers meals throughout the day

With this exercise routine how much do you think I could lose by september approximately?:

Monday- 50 min aerobics-in the morning
    Tuesday-50 min aerobics-in the morning
    Wed-50 min aerobics-in the morning
    Thurs--50 min aerobics-in the morning
    Fri--50 min aerobics-in the morning
    Sat--50 min aerobics-in the morning
    Sun- 2 hours of jujitsu- at night

ReputationRep:
    If you keep up the exercise and the healthy eating you will easily hit you ideal weight But by September... ermm I'm not that sure but you should achieve it within 6 months, so just think by this time next year you will have done it! So don't give up, you can do it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananacake14)
    If you keep up the exercise and the healthy eating you will easily hit you ideal weight But by September... ermm I'm not that sure but you should achieve it within 6 months, so just think by this time next year you will have done it! So don't give up, you can do it!!
    thanks-6 months isn't that bad that's January , so what do you think I might be able to get to by september then?

ReputationRep:
    You'll hear this a lot and it's best to stick to it.. 2 pounds a week.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think that by loosing 10 stone you'd only drop 2/3 sizes... but honestly no it's not possible, by September at least anyway although I wish it was as I too need to loose weight like now.

ReputationRep:
    Too much aerobics, not enough resistance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    Too much aerobics, not enough resistance.
    what do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikki =])
    I didn't think that by loosing 10 stone you'd only drop 2/3 sizes... but honestly no it's not possible, by September at least anyway although I wish it was as I too need to loose weight like now.
    I want to lose 2/3 stone and that would get me to 10 stone... I don't want to lose 10 stone....just notice I made a mistake in the phrasing in the OP sorry bout the confusion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarletwings92)
    what do you mean?
    Your doing, what. 6 aerobic sessions a week but no resistance (weight) training? I know your not exactly trying to build muscle but it'll help, cardio can burn muscle (theres a thread on it) and you really want to keep all the muscle you can get, especially whilst trying to lose "weight" (fat). To this end doing a heavy free weight session would help you.

You'd also be surprised how much energy they soak out of you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    Your doing, what. 6 aerobic sessions a week but no resistance (weight) training? I know your not exactly trying to build muscle but it'll help, cardio can burn muscle (theres a thread on it) and you really want to keep all the muscle you can get, especially whilst trying to lose "weight" (fat). To this end doing a heavy free weight session would help you.

You'd also be surprised how much energy they soak out of you too
    oh OK that makes sense thank

ReputationRep:
    alot excerise is how i lost weight and also lost a large patch of my hair and if someone told me not to do it i would not of listened either but that is a fad diet type thing ur body will crash it will burn up all the calories threw excerise n there b nothing left at first you will lose alot but then it will slow down and your body will go into crash mode where saves all the food it gets as fat because it dont know when will be fed again so saves it up so you will stop lossing weight eventually so you will eat less losse a few pound and will stop losingm again so you eat less and within a few months your hardly eating and excersing way to much and your likley to faint or even end up with a eating disorder. I no becuase this happened to me and when i finally got help and stopped all the weght piled back on plus a extra 2 stone! im now on a diet again and my goal was to losse 2 pounds a week but i went to see my doctor and he gave me weight loss pills so in eating whatever i like now and lossing weight regardless lost 9 pound in just over 2 weeks in the long run it will prob not be good for me just going to see what happens. I no this is a essay so sorry but i think you should no how dangerous it can be even if u think it wont happen to you like i did. Be careful and maybe join weight watchers or something similar to keep an eye on your weight and the weekly dreaded weigh in will push you not to cheat on the diet but that is to much work out. It sounds slow and i no u want fast results like i did but 2-3 pound a week is so much better. if you do it this way your not on a diet your changing your lifestyle meaning you are less likley to gain weight after. Dieting is not enough you need to change for ever if you want to be healthy and happy. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    oh OK that makes sense thank
    Squat+deadlift would be the most essential for you to get in there, other than that its really up to you. Rows are always good fun (pendlay variety preferably). Bench press or over head press is also pretty standard but theres like a billion different things you can do

ReputationRep:
    depends on how intense the aerobics is and if your calorie intake is higher, lower or the same as what you need to maintain your weight.

ReputationRep:
    I want to lose 2/3 stone and that would get me to 10 stone... I don't want to lose 10 stone....just notice I made a mistake in the phrasing in the OP sorry bout the confusion
    Haha okay that makes more sense then..

ReputationRep:
    not weight watchers meals ): can't you just eat normal food?!
    you'll lose more "weight" at first as you're pretty overweight, like 4-5lbs a week, then it'll slow down to 2-3lbs which is much more healthy and ideal.
    no strength training? no day off exercise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watermelon sugar)
    not weight watchers meals ): can't you just eat normal food?!
    you'll lose more "weight" at first as you're pretty overweight, like 4-5lbs a week, then it'll slow down to 2-3lbs which is much more healthy and ideal.
    no strength training? no day off exercise?
    well I don't really have a choice on the weight watchers as everyone else in my family is starting to eat them and well don't really have the money to by my own things

I'd take a day off but I'd lose motivation when school starts back up I'll take sundays off as I won't be able to do ju-jitsu starting september...gonna add some weight training in there somewhere:yes:

ReputationRep:
    well I don't really have a choice on the weight watchers as everyone else in my family is starting to eat them and well don't really have the money to by my own things

I'd take a day off but I'd lose motivation when school starts back up I'll take sundays off as I won't be able to do ju-jitsu starting september...gonna add some weight training in there somewhere:yes:
    ready made weight watchers meals or just the recipes?
    you won't lose motivation, you'll just have a chance to rest.

ReputationRep:
    You'll get sick of ww's meals pretty quick. Most of them are vile. They're certainly not designed to replace a balanced diet. I've been on WW's for 12 months now and I've not eaten a single 'microwave meal' - you'll get far more of an education from WW's if you cook your own meals - sounds like your entire family could do with some lessons in healthy eating tbh.

By sept, you could lose 7-10lbs, maybe more. Who knows. They key to sustained weightloss is time - give it time. I gave myself a year to lose 3 stone and I have accomplished my goal by remaining realistic.

Eating weightwatchers meals may sound like an ideal solution - hey, no thinking needed, just whack it in the microwave, but really they're a load of rubbish. You'd be better off with some grilled chicken, a few potatoes and a plate load of steamed vegetables.

Exercising like you're planning to, is a sure fire way to 'burn out' - that level of commitment is highly unsustainable and you will lose interest in aerobics pretty quickly. Find a sport you enjoy, or start something new and be sensible. Over exercising is counter productive, so take some professional advice first - especially as you're 13 stone and starting too hard too quick can put pressure on your body and health.

Looks like you need to do some research before you throw yourself into the deep end, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watermelon sugar)
    ready made weight watchers meals or just the recipes?
    you won't lose motivation, you'll just have a chance to rest.
    the weight watchers ready made meals...

ReputationRep:
    ahh the classic i can't afford it excuse.
    buying fresh ingrediants, vegetables, fish and chicken would probably in the long run be less expensive than weightwatchers meals and much more beneficial to your body.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.