Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For those of you who know what it is and have maybe wanted one in the past...

Do you still think they're in fashion?
    Do you still want to buy one?
    If you could buy a non-branded one, made of good quality sterling silver (solid, not plated) from a reputable jeweller... how much would you pay? Or would you not buy one?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    no, no, I dont like them so I wouldn't buy anythign that looks like it.

ReputationRep:
    I have one and I still wear it a lot Not as much as I used to though not sure why... I wouldn't buy one that wasn't from Links of London though. I love the charms they do :love:

Are you thinking about getting one?

ReputationRep:
    i really dislike them. so faddy and cheap looking, like pandora/love links ): i imagine you could get a non-branded one for £40?

ReputationRep:
    they're okay, but i would never buy one as they cost so much for what they are in my opinion - something like £145 isnt it =O?
    there are loads of fake versions of them around, i might buy a cheap one, but i wouldnt really care if it was that good quality, because then you might as well buy the real thing right? i dunno, not very much, probably about £20 =P iv seen loads of nice copy ones around, that arent that tacky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise___x)
    Are you thinking about getting one?
    I've had one for a few years, just that we run a jewellery business and we are trying to see whether its worth stocking them. I'm thinking they might be kinda out of fashion, although I still wear mine every day.

(Original post by watermelon sugar)
    like pandora/love links ):
    Oh dear haha

ReputationRep:
    I don't like them. They look a bit cheap so not worth their price tag.

ReputationRep:
    I have one, I love mine. I only got it earlier on in the year for my birthday. I have the one with the rose quartz pieces on rather than the one you put charms on. I think it's classic if it is your taste.

ReputationRep:
    I bought one yesterday, but it isn't a fashion thing. I bought to remind me of certain things. I didn't get a Links one as i'm poor :p: but bought one similar for £80. I really like it, and it means so much to me.

ReputationRep:
    I work in a jewellers.
    There are lots of popular bracelets around at the moment

Pandora (I don't like so much,reminds me of a girl I dislike)
    Bacio- Expensive! But beautiful, are an italian company
    Links of London - can't go wrong, simple and beautiful

I have a sterling silver charm bracelet but not any of these brands.

ReputationRep:
    Ive had one since christmas 07, worn it everyday too, me and my girlfriend got each other one, we got them before everyone had one, bit gutted tbh i liked it more when it seemed rare, still love it though, and there only £98 from the links of london shop. Silly rip offs they ruined it a bit

ReputationRep:
    I have the one with the turquoise pieces in it, and I love it. I'm not such a fan of the "original" plain silver ones though.

ReputationRep:
    This is so funny.
    One of our suppliers the other day gave us a few 'copies' of these, in sterling silver, with stones like amethyst and citrine in. I think they retail for around about £180, and they're proving to be quite popular. Why, OP, are you thinking of making/selling them?

ReputationRep:
    Lol I bought two bracelets from a random little shop near my uni town (before I quit and left!) and one of my friends was like "are they Links?!?!" at that point I didn't even know what Links was until I googled it. Mine were £8 each!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    This is so funny.
    One of our suppliers the other day gave us a few 'copies' of these, in sterling silver, with stones like amethyst and citrine in. I think they retail for around about £180, and they're proving to be quite popular. Why, OP, are you thinking of making/selling them?
    Yes we're thinking about stocking them. We were thinking of selling them for £35 which gives us a decent profit without ripping everyone off but I'm not sure if they are still in 'fashion' and if people are still buying them. I know people who have them are probably still in love with them but I'm not sure if people would still buy them, so I thought I'd do a little research on here.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.