The 'I support a lower league team and proud of it' thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    Title says it all!

Swindon Town born and bred!

ReputationRep:
    Bee army! (The REAL Black n Amber ones)

ReputationRep:
    Poole Town FC

They won their league (Wessex Premier) by 15 points but couldn't get promoted to the Southern Division One because of ground grading

ReputationRep:
    The League position of my beloved Derby is irrelevant. I'm proud to support them because I have supported them for a while and they are my local team.

I pity the fool who wears a Man Utd shirt because his local team don't play in the Champions League. He doesn't know what it's like to lose or what it's like to be in the atmosphere of a live match. He only knows his replica shirt, his Sky Sports subscription and winning consistently.

ReputationRep:
    Toon Toon Black and White Army!

ReputationRep:
    Since I'm going to UEA in September, I've decided to support Norwich City! In the same boat as you then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliejames)
    Title says it all!

Swindon Town born and bred!

:mob:

That is all.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle

Won't be lower league for long though. Hopefully.

I hate how everyone suddenly thinks it's ok to make fun of Geordies. Ok, so we got relegated. And we don't have an owner really. And our away kit is truly abysmal. But still, there's loads of Man U fans, and around me, Villa ones, who keep pointing out these facts at every opportunity, as if I haven't realised. They do this when I'm aware that, particularly with the Man U ones, if they were relegated they'd stop supporting the team like rats jumping off a sinking ship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    Newcastle

Won't be lower league for long though. Hopefully.

I hate how everyone suddenly thinks it's ok to make fun of Geordies. Ok, so we got relegated. And we don't have an owner really. And our away kit is truly abysmal. But still, there's loads of Man U fans, and around me, Villa ones, who keep pointing out these facts at every opportunity, as if I haven't realised. They do this when I'm aware that, particularly with the Man U ones, if they were relegated they'd stop supporting the team like rats jumping off a sinking ship.
    Really wasent a good result today though!

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle! now a lower league team! wooo!

To be fair d123, Newcastle and their fans have been hated for a long time. Lots of people see Newcastle as they club they love to hate.

ReputationRep:
    Really was not a good impression having basically a full squad out and still getting dicked 6-1 by Orient!

ReputationRep:
    I was brought up supporting BuryFC, i went to pretty much every match from when i was 4 till about 15, then i stopped caring enough to bother going. I still try and keep up to date with what's going on though :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Southampton fan checking in.

ReputationRep:
    I was forced into supporting Liverpool and so they're the team I support.

I love lower league football though, always enjoy watching a 'proper match'.

ReputationRep:
    I support Leeds. Dunno what league their in but I would imagine its a low one.=]

ReputationRep:
    Me. Norwich City, we'll be back up soon though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimee91)
    I support Leeds. Dunno what league their in but I would imagine its a low one.=]
    Ig you dont even know what league they in how can you support them:confused:

Anyway I support sheff u. Went to wembley for nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dimyan)
    Ig you dont even know what league they in how can you support them:confused:

Anyway I support sheff u. Went to wembley for nothing
    I knew someone would ask that. I don't really understand much about football but I still hope Leeds win, and watch and occasionally go to matches and can sing marching on together lol.
    I think wanting them to win is enough to say you support someone.

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff fan here. Still remember the rainy tuesday nights watching division 3 matches with just a couple of thousand in the ground. Seems like a world away from where we are now.

OP - did you see the game today? If you did, what did you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimee91)
    I knew someone would ask that. I don't really understand much about football but I still hope Leeds win, and watch and occasionally go to matches and can sing marching on together lol.
    I think wanting them to win is enough to say you support someone.
    Pftt, everyone in leeds says they support Leeds Utd. I bet half of them support a better team secretly :woo:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.