Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The 'I support a lower league team and proud of it' thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QED)
    Southampton fan checking in.
    Ditto :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Luton Town. Never a dull moment supporting the Hatters and i wouldn't change it for anything.

ReputationRep:
    walsall fc if anyone's ever heard of them lols!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimee91)
    I knew someone would ask that. I don't really understand much about football but I still hope Leeds win, and watch and occasionally go to matches and can sing marching on together lol.
    I think wanting them to win is enough to say you support someone.
    I'd say it makes you a 'fan' rather than a supporter.

Sorry for bringing up that old debate again. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Even if we're on the brink of annihilation, losing 6-1 to Leyton Orient, one of the greatest laughing stocks in football history and wearing a somewhat polarising yellow and white away strip, I'll always support Newcastle. No matter the division

So yes, I support a lower league team, and I'm damn proud of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Even if we're on the brink of annihilation, losing 6-1 to Leyton Orient, one of the greatest laughing stocks in football history and wearing a somewhat polarising yellow and white away strip, I'll always support Newcastle. No matter the division

So yes, I support a lower league team, and I'm damn proud of them.
    Stuey Boy I can't help but agree with you :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Leeds and proud

MOT

ReputationRep:
    Brighton fan here! Have been for 10+ years from almost getting relegated from Division 3 to winning back to back titles! We will be back in the Championship soon enough I hope!

(Original post by whateverwillbe)
    Bee army! (The REAL Black n Amber ones)
    Pffft. It's all about the Red and White Bees.

I'm a Brentford fan and I'm as proud as anything. I love lower league football so much, even more so than Champions League/World Cup gob*****. Going round the country to places like Darlington and Hartlepool to watch my team play means a hell of a lot more to me than travelling in huge crowds of fame-obsessed fans to huge cities ever can. The grass roots of the game is just as absorbing and if anything more exciting than top division football as there's more scope for change - anyone can win a league or get promotion (look at Peterborough's back to back promotions these past two seasons) and that keeps it fresh.

The lower leagues are where it's ******* AT. That said, the day Brentford get into the Premiership will be the best day of my life.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen us lose to almost every team mentioned so far, including Brentford.

ReputationRep:
    Plymouth fan here. Apparently, I'm a glory supporter. :rolleyes: Oh, and I was born here.

ReputationRep:
    Hereford United here, certainly had an eventful few seasons! 2 promotions, a relegation, the second longest manager stepping down.. and finally the stadium is getting redeveloped. If any of you have been to Edgar Street you'll know how shocking the away terrace behind the goal is and how much it needed knocking down!

ReputationRep:
    Gillingham fan here. Hate the chairman but love everything else about the club.

ReputationRep:
    Doncaster Rovers :top:

ReputationRep:
    Southampton. **** YEAH! Swiss Billionaire so damn cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oziris)
    Brighton fan here! Have been for 10+ years from almost getting relegated from Division 3 to winning back to back titles! We will be back in the Championship soon enough I hope!
    Not with Liam Dickinson up front

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calvinuk)
    Not with Liam Dickinson up front
    We will do it with anyone up front! We need Zamora back I think, instead of sitting on the bench at where-ever he is now he can be back scoring 30 goals a season for us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oziris)
    We will do it with anyone up front! We need Zamora back I think, instead of sitting on the bench at where-ever he is now he can be back scoring 30 goals a season for us!
    Did alright for Fulham last year actually.

He didn't score many but he linked well, and played well enough that they don't want to sell him to Tango Brown at Hull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whateverwillbe)
    Bee army! (The REAL Black n Amber ones)
    You mean orange and black, right? Barnet haven't played in Amber for about a decade!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Pffft. It's all about the Red and White Bees.

I'm a Brentford fan and I'm as proud as anything. I love lower league football so much, even more so than Champions League/World Cup gob*****. Going round the country to places like Darlington and Hartlepool to watch my team play means a hell of a lot more to me than travelling in huge crowds of fame-obsessed fans to huge cities ever can. The grass roots of the game is just as absorbing and if anything more exciting than top division football as there's more scope for change - anyone can win a league or get promotion (look at Peterborough's back to back promotions these past two seasons) and that keeps it fresh.

The lower leagues are where it's ******* AT. That said, the day Brentford get into the Premiership will be the best day of my life.
    Haha, sorry I started that debate again!! I have respect for Brentford though, and wish them luck in L1. Agreed with everything else you said as well, give me lower league football over Premiership any day.

(Original post by Dozzer_Cufc)
    You mean orange and black, right? Barnet haven't played in Amber for about a decade!
    True, was only saying that to wind any Brentford fans up! Cheaper to go with yellow or orange, considering the amount we sell, according to our chairman.

Actually, edit, come to think of it our 2001-2002 kit was amber, so that was 8 years ago!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.