Turn on thread page Beta

The 'I support a lower league team and proud of it' thread watch

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield United. Always supported them and always will do. Football is in the family and has been for quite some time now.

ReputationRep:
    Mansfield Town. :yes:

UP THE STAGS!

(Original post by whateverwillbe)
    Haha, sorry I started that debate again!! I have respect for Brentford though, and wish them luck in L1. Agreed with everything else you said as well, give me lower league football over Premiership any day.

True, was only saying that to wind any Brentford fans up! Cheaper to go with yellow or orange, considering the amount we sell, according to our chairman.

Actually, edit, come to think of it our 2001-2002 kit was amber, so that was 8 years ago!

I have massive respect for you lot too, my grandad's from Barnet, and crap as the slope on your ground is, I ******* love it. It sums up everything that's brilliant about lower league football. Good luck next season man.

ReputationRep:
    Brentford was a top day out 2 years ago when we clinched promotion there, fair play to your fans, a load of them stayed and applauded our (Hereford United) players when we had the celebration. I remember an interview from your manager saying he left the door of your dressing room open so you could listen to us celebrate and how you'd use it for your promotion push the following year... It worked :P. Just hope you get better luck than us in League 1.

Also gotta love Barnet, their win against Stockport on the said day was enough for us, was weird singing "We love you Barnet, we do" at Brentford though, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Watford FC

ReputationRep:
    Ell You Effing See

ReputationRep:
    Mansfield Town 3-1 Walsall - in pre-season action tonight.

Grand total of 39 from Walsall; in a crowd of 1,700.

ReputationRep:
    Rochdale AFC :love:

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see some real fans about, not all those superficial ******* that support the top 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titch89)
    Plymouth fan here. Apparently, I'm a glory supporter. :rolleyes: Oh, and I was born here.
    Why have you got a Man City badge in your profile?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM08)
    Why have you got a Man City badge in your profile?
    Support both teams.

ReputationRep:
    Your surname isn't Lyth or Mitchell is it?

ReputationRep:
    I suppose Middlesbrough would count now aye? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blatant Troll)
    I suppose Middlesbrough would count now aye? :rolleyes:
    Yep! Only 5 days to go until our teams start off the new season. Thoughts on how you'll do?

ReputationRep:
    Got a lot of respect for people who support lower league teams. Far too easy for young football fans to support the big clubs then decide they can look down their noses at the rest of us. Say no to glory hunters!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipswichblade)
    Yep! Only 5 days to go until our teams start off the new season. Thoughts on how you'll do?
    Man I can't believe it all kicks off so soon - that's completely crept up on me :lolwut:

Regardless of the Premier League facade, there are Championship clubs that are at least as big as us (in the case of Sheffield United, probably bigger), so I don't buy this big fish, small pond crack. I think Newcastle need to be even more wary in this respect. It's not going to be a walk in the park by any means, but realisticly I think Boro's quality merits a top 6 finish at the very least.

And yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I personally can't wait.

I'm looking forward to Saturday, but a bit pessimistic about it because I think WBA away is probably the hardest (certainly one of) game of the season for us.

Who do Sheffield Utd start against?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blatant Troll)
    Man I can't believe it all kicks off so soon - that's completely crept up on me :lolwut:

Regardless of the Premier League facade, there are Championship clubs that are at least as big as us (in the case of Sheffield United, probably bigger), so I don't buy this big fish, small pond crack. I think Newcastle need to be even more wary in this respect. It's not going to be a walk in the park by any means, but realisticly I think Boro's quality merits a top 6 finish at the very least.

And yourself?
    Yeah, I'd be happy with top 6. The league will be harder than it was last season. We were poor (much worse than our promotion winning squad of 2005/2006 and slightly worse than the squad of 2002/2003 where we finished 3rd) and still got to the play off final and nearly finished 2nd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    I personally can't wait.

I'm looking forward to Saturday, but a bit pessimistic about it because I think WBA away is probably the hardest (certainly one of) game of the season for us.

Who do Sheffield Utd start against?
    We play Boro away on friday night. Hate friday night games and sunday games. Should all be starting on saturday at 3pm but yet again like last year our first match was chosen for sky. Definitely gonna affect the amount of away fans who go!

ReputationRep:
    We play Boro away on friday night. Hate friday night games and sunday games. Should all be starting on saturday at 3pm but yet again like last year our first match was chosen for sky. Definitely gonna affect the amount of away fans who go!
    I know what you mean. We've had our game moved to 5:30pm on Saturday just so people can watch on TV. I don't really mind having games on TV, but I don't see why they can't show one saturday (3pm) game on TV, and having one on Sunday at 4pm and that's it. Silly.

I'd be happy with top six, giving how poor our pre-season and terrible lack of stuff happening. No manager means that we'd be very very lucky to finish in the top six unless there's a drastic change.

If I had to pick anyone right now, it'd be Ipswich, Sheffield United and WBA for promotion, with Boro, Reading and PNE getting the other playoff spots.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.