Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    She was probably on your msn buddies list.

ReputationRep:
    I facebooked your mum :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    My dad joined Facebook the other day, and friend requested me... I've currently just left it, and he hasn't said anything, hopefully I can pull off an "I don't really use facebook anymore"! xD

ReputationRep:
    forget mums & their facebook antics

my NAN has facebook now..........god forbid if she ever learns how to use it.....

ReputationRep:
    as with adding them as friends....i caved in and accepted
    but tbh my rents arent particularly embarrising and send me private messages or phone me rather than writing on my wall. how my nan will be on facebook i dont know as shes only just got it (and yes my nan is my facebook friend....i'd feel bad if i didnt accept)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimoso)
    Oh no man

I hope my mum doesn't find my youtube account as my vids are all really cringy and two of them have 500,000 views LOL thankfully they do not include me but are still embarrassing

I once found my mums youtube account it was a bit weird like
    http://www.youtube.com/comment_servl...%3DvrOHeWMs5yw
    she is "snowwhite200"
    LMFAO! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    She could've searched for you via your email address?

I spent months using the whole 'I never really go on facebook' excuse before finally accepting my my mum, nana (*sigh* old people just shouldn't use facebook), uncle, great aunty and a string of second cousins. Now my dad keeps trying to add me and I feel harsh leaving it but he'd be trying to be funny and cool and comment on all of my statuses . I'm hoping he'll forget about facebook soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsystoleUK)
    I would advise against adding her to your friends list. Terrible things can happen. See my signature for more information.
    Haha I thought of your sig the minute I saw this thread :rofl:

EDIT:
    I once found my mums youtube account it was a bit weird like
    http://www.youtube.com/comment_servl...%3DvrOHeWMs5yw
    she is "snowwhite200"
    :indiff:

The other day I kept getting the same person as a friend recommendation for ages and when i clicked on it, it turned out to be an aunt of mine :eek: we don't have any mutual friends or the same name so how did facebook know?????:eek:

ReputationRep:
    if the email account you've used to sign onto facebook with has ur mum as a contact then it can make reccomendations because it knows who ur email contacts are... hopefully that made some sense :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsystoleUK)
    I would advise against adding her to your friends list. Terrible things can happen. See my signature for more information.
    LOL at your sig with the Facebook thing!

ReputationRep:
    Something weird like this happened the other day. An old friend who I haven't spoken to in around 4 years who lives in Canada and has no mutual friends suddenly popped up in 'people you might know'. She's not even on my msn contacts or anything so I was like WHUT.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she's using Facebook as a tool to get some action. :hubba:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    http://myparentsjoinedfacebook.com/ :rofl:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    No she is not on my MSN list or anything like that.

ReputationRep:
    lol
    lol at "year you kinky bugger"

ReputationRep:
    so shall we all add your mum to our friends list?

ReputationRep:
    My mum actually did the same thing! As in... she opened up an account (which is now deactivated) using her maiden name. I think her reasoning was so that not everyone could find her, even though that's partly the purpose of facebook. Maybe she'd prefer to find people and add them herself? I'm annoyed my mum deactivated her account, though. Now she just browses relatives' profiles through my account.

ReputationRep:
    Haha that is too funny Kim and Ash

ReputationRep:
    Wooooh.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.