Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter is a Lib Dem! watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.libdemvoice.org/accio-vot...ems-15729.html

well...sort of...Mr Radcliffe said he liked Clegg and would vote for them.

Do celebrity endorsements affect the way you vote - whether it be for a party or whether it's voting at all?

ReputationRep:
    This makes me less likely to vote Lib Dem...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Rhyus)

Do celebrity endorsements affect the way you vote - whether it be for a party or whether it's voting at all?
    Dear God, no O_O get a hold of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds about right.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Undoubtedly, though no one (including myself) would ever admit it.

ReputationRep:

Why would anyone support Clegg, I just graduated from the same school he went to. The people from that school are very intelligent but I would not trust them to run a political party..... The guy got drunk on a German exchange and lit fire to some trees in Munich - I think it got him suspended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Why would anyone support Clegg, I just graduated from the same school he went to. The people from that school are very intelligent but I would not trust them to run a political party..... The guy got drunk on a German exchange and lit fire to some trees in Munich - I think it got him suspended.
    But then I'm sure DaveCam and BoJo got up to some jacanapes and shennanigans at Eton and the Oxford Bullingdon...

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter is a ******* magician. He doesn't need to vote when he can wave his stick and make his wishes come true.

Daniel Radcliffe on the other hand .. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Cool?
    Idk why it's such a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    Yay!

ReputationRep:
    But then I'm sure DaveCam and BoJo got up to some jacanapes and shennanigans at Eton and the Oxford Bullingdon...
    Ye but I would trust an Etonian to run a country and well BoJo is BoJo. The guy who ordered the charge of the light brigade went to my school, as did the two generals who lost the War of Independence for Britain - not saying that Clegg is equivalent to them I am just saying that I would not trust anyone from my school (including myself) to screw in a light bulb properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    Harry Potter is a ******* magician. He doesn't need to vote when he can wave his stick and make his wishes come true.

Daniel Radcliffe on the other hand .. :sigh:
    Damn it, you stole my words!

:redface:

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter would be a Tory. Privately educated, fondness for sports other than football, a professional career path, a bit Jewish looking...

It all adds up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Harry Potter would be a Tory. Privately educated, fondness for sports other than football, a professional career path, a bit Jewish looking...

It all adds up.
    A bit off-topic: does anyone know whether English Jews vote in a block in the same way their fellow Jews vote in the U.S.?

ReputationRep:
    I bet Emma Watson is a nice Tory girl, she looks the sort, quite rah and pip pip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Ye but I would trust an Etonian to run a country and well BoJo is BoJo. The guy who ordered the charge of the light brigade went to my school, as did the two generals who lost the War of Independence for Britain - not saying that Clegg is equivalent to them I am just saying that I would not trust anyone from my school (including myself) to screw in a light bulb properly.
    **** me, what school did you go to? Stewart Milne went to my school and he built my house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilko1991)
    **** me, what school did you go to? Stewart Milne went to my school and he built my house.
    Lol well I was kind of exaggerating with the whole light bulb thing - I am sure that some kids could do it. Basically my school was incredible, loved it, but they didn't exactly emphasize practicality, focusing on intellectual pursuit.

ReputationRep:
    couldnt give a toss tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Lol well I was kind of exaggerating with the whole light bulb thing - I am sure that some kids could do it. Basically my school was incredible, loved it, but they didn't exactly emphasize practicality, focusing on intellectual pursuit.
    I wasn't talking about the light bulb thing more the huge amount of famous folk who went to you school. Must be pretty posh.

ReputationRep:
    If Emma Watson was a Tory I'd become one

then one day hopefully we'd meet at a Tory conference

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.