Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi there,

I thought that this might be useful for people to read if they are pregnant and decide abortion is the right choice for them. I started a blog last week about my abortion and what happened and how i'm coping. Maybe it would be useful for those who don't know what to do to have a read. I'm keeping it updated regularly as it helps me get through it.

I don't want people to judge me for what i have done. I just want share my experience of abortion with others in a similar situation.

Here it is

Anon or delete please.

ReputationRep:
    Just had a read through it all, sounds liek your having a really rough time.

I dont want to be all cliche and everything but it will get better. Your mum and dad will come to realise they cant be selfish they have to put themselves in your shoes. You did the right thing and no one can tell you what you did was wrong or punish you for it.

Keeping in contact with your friends will help you, maybe talk to them about it im sure they will not judge you in any way.

I would have done the same in your situation, for other reasons though (im in a stable relationship but neither of us are ready for children) its sounds harder than i thought, more emotionally harder but with the right support, which you will get even if you just consult your doctor, i reckon everyone can move on with their lives.

You were brave to do what you did. And i admire you for it.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I read through it too. Quite honestly I think you could do with speaking to somebody professional because it doesn't sound like you're coping particularly well.
    I hope you feel better soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    I read through it too. Quite honestly I think you could do with speaking to somebody professional because it doesn't sound like you're coping particularly well.
    I hope you feel better soon.
    I agree with this. From what I've heard, a lot of women suffer like this after an abortion, even if they know rationally that it was the right thing for them to do. So there's definitely help available.
    Good luck, though. I really hope things start improving soon.

ReputationRep:
    For what it's worth, I think in your situation you did the right thing. Bringing a child into the world who desnt have a father is difficult on the child. And neither of you would have had a very good life, no job, no boyfriend, a baby, little support from your parents. I think you should speak to a counsellor about your feelings. You may be regreting it, but its over, and even if you want to you cant go back. Your only hurting yourself more if you cant let go. If you know anyone who has been in a similar situation maybe talking to them can help? I think maybe you should come off the pill, stop having sex, and stop seeing this good for nothing friend. you need to take several months to just sort out your head. Try doing things you enjoy with your friends, it will be hard at first but th more time that goes by the easier it will be and you will see more clearly. Then when you find a man, and you are ready to have a baby it will be really special and right. Its horrible that your parents arnt giving you more support, you sound like you need a hug.

Take care xx

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I think it's amazing how candidly honest you've been in your diary.
    I think it's admirable how you're turning the situation around, to help others in similar predicaments.
    I can't begin to imagine how you're feeling I'm sure, and it must be tougher, with your parents reacting as they did and with your ex making things more difficult.
    For what it's worth, I think that you made the right decision, people may argue that what you did was selfish, "kiling" a baby, but I think it was the selfless option, you're clearly suffering now, nobody can deny it, so an abortion would never be the choice option, but you really thought about how difficult for a baby to be fatherless and without all the things it would need.
    You cannot change what's happened, but I think you're drawing the most positive thing that you can out of the experience by helping others.
    Good luck for the future, and as cliched as it sounds, time will heal and I'm sure it will get better xxx

ReputationRep:
    I am so sorry you are going through this very difficult time, I think you are incredibly brave to publish your thoughts and help others who may go through a similar experience as you. Hugs and sympathy.

Thanks for your support girls :hugs: I'll try and update it again tonight, or definitely tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi there,

I thought that this might be useful for people to read if they are pregnant and decide abortion is the right choice for them. I started a blog last week about my abortion and what happened and how i'm coping. Maybe it would be useful for those who don't know what to do to have a read. I'm keeping it updated regularly as it helps me get through it.

I don't want people to judge me for what i have done. I just want share my experience of abortion with others in a similar situation.

Here it is

Anon or delete please.
    I just read your blog. Won't say that I understand the way you feel coz I sure as hell don't. However, I know how it feels when you loose a loved one. Your desire to have the baby back is only legitimate but there isn't anything you can do now and trust me when I say, there wasn't much you could do even then. Love alone can't be enough for a child to live. I know how it is to feel so lonely and scared; The feeling that it's broken hopeless and you can do nothing to rejoin the pieces makes anyone depressed. The cracks will forever remain but you did the right thing. You didn't kill the baby you just sent him to another parents; Stop blaming yourself and just be happy that your baby is somewhere else in a family where he'll get everything that he deserves.
    Sorry for my religious overtones.... I just hope it helps.
    With all my affection

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you made the right decision for you, but I just had to leave a quick comment, as in your blog you say 'how can i bring a child in to the world who is so loved by one parent and so hated by another' - my mum accidentally fell pregnant with me, and my 'father' hired someone to shoot her to stop her going through with the pregnancy. I don't think he could have wanted me to be born any less, but my mum was just that 'my mum' and she knew that as long as I had one parent who loved me, that was all I would need, and it was.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.