Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So we start the second year lectures on the 28th of Sept, with the week before being fresher's week. I assume this week will be dedicated to getting student loans scanned and picking up student cards and what not.

I, however, won't be able to make this week as I'm shadowing a doctor back home. Since this will be my first year at Rhul I'll have to do things like get my library card and have my loan forms scanned. Will my girlfriend be able to do all this on my behalf? (Also a student at Rhul).

I'd also like to join one of the language courses outside of my degree, which are registering students during this week. Would my gf be able to register me for that also?

I'm thinking I might be having to call up the various departments and explain the situation.

ReputationRep:
    Student card no because of ID and you have to be the person to collect the right card etc. But if you're going into your second year you'll already have your student card? I don't know anything about continuing student registration because I'm only here for a year :dontknow:

Freshers Fayre/joining societies etc - possibly as they can just put down your name and email.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I'm sure I can pick it up late. It's not like they're gunna dump me off the registry.

ReputationRep:
    They shouldn't. As for registering for the language classes outside of your lectures, let the relevant office know your interest and I'm sure they can guide you accordingly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    I, however, won't be able to make this week as I'm shadowing a doctor back home. Since this will be my first year at Rhul I'll have to do things like get my library card and have my loan forms scanned. Will my girlfriend be able to do all this on my behalf? (Also a student at Rhul).
    if I remember rightly at the start of last year (my first year) we didn't actually have to scan any student loan forms; the money was automatically put into our accounts after we confirmed on RHUL's web portal that we were attending the university. Also, library cards - this won't be a problem, I didn't go to the library for weeks and weeks and they were most helpful when I did manage to pop down and have a look.

language courses I've no clue about though I assume if you email the relevant department prior to the start of the year they'll accomodate you, I can't see any reason why they shouldn't.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.