Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Shall I drink alcohol on the first date? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have a first date in a pub with this girl in a couple of days.

I would like to have a couple of pints (not enough to get drunk though) but she is driving so therefore she won't be drinking alcohol

So shall I have a pint or two if shes not drinking? Or shall I not drink alcohol if shes not drinking?

ReputationRep:
    Depends really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Depends really.
    on what?

ReputationRep:
    If you want to, just do it. Have fun.

ReputationRep:
    Have a pint or two if you want one, but don't get drunk. Who's idea was the pub? Seems a bit like a boring night for her if she's driving. Go for food somewhere after?

ReputationRep:
    well the place serves food as well

ReputationRep:
    It's fine to have a couple. Just what ever you do, don't get drunk especially as she can't drink at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voltex)
    Hi,

I have a first date in a pub with this girl in a couple of days.

I would like to have a couple of pints (not enough to get drunk though) but she is driving so therefore she won't be drinking alcohol

So shall I have a pint or two if shes not drinking? Or shall I not drink alcohol if shes not drinking?
    don't drink, its not far if she has to drive and she can't drink ..its not far so don't drink then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voltex)
    on what?
    Depends on whether you believe that a pub is romantic enough, and whether you think she does. Personally, a pub is a bit of a cheap date...women like to be spoilt you know :yep:

Oh, and don't get drunk. It's annoying to have to speak to a drunk person when you're sober yourself.

ReputationRep:
    A few pints will loosen you up a bit, so go for it!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and don't get drunk. It's annoying to have to speak to a drunk person when you're sober yourself.
    Ridiculously so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ethan_L)
    don't drink, its not far if she has to drive and she can't drink ..its not far so don't drink then
    What if she chose to drive and insists on him having a drink or two? :holmes:

OP - do what you're comfortable with. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Depends on whether you believe that a pub is romantic enough, and whether you think she does. Personally, a pub is a bit of a cheap date...women like to be spoilt you know :yep:

well, its only the first date and we hardly know each other so going to a really posh, romantic restaurant will not be good.

ReputationRep:
    first date in a pub thats boring! especially if she not drinking then she'll be all nervous and it be awkward, you guys wont be on the same page as you'll be tipsy
    go out for a candle lit dinner, then dancing later

ReputationRep:
    what about going to the cinema ??. That might me nice and yet not cheap looking like the pub. Unless she's into drink lol She might not kiss you if she smells drink on your breath...its kinda off putting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ethan_L)
    what about going to the cinema ??. That might me nice and yet not cheap looking like the pub. Unless she's into drink lol
    You can't really have a conversation at a cinema. Unless you visit it a couple of hours before the film starts/stay afterwards. :no:

ReputationRep:
    have a drink or two can't hurt, buy her a drink sorted, just don't get drunk

ReputationRep:
    Go to a park if the weather allows it. Otherwise, a café?
    Not a pub in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't personally; it's a bit **** when one person is drinking and the other has to drive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    You can't really have a conversation at a cinema. Unless you visit it a couple of hours before the film starts/stay afterwards. :no:
    If he/her is shy. There don't know to talk much. So it might me better if both had something in common eg cinema rather than drink. I don't drink much so I'm not a fan of people drinking and especially on a date. But its up to you. what your taste's is.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.