Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!

I'm an international student coming to Warwick this September. Me and my bf want to find a house together.. we've found the perfect one BUT its in Stoke Aldermoor (Coventry).. and I cant figure out any direct or convenient bus route to get to uni form there.. does anybody know how to get to uni from there?

I gotta make a decision in a couple of days.. help!

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sang_P)
    Hi!!

I'm an international student coming to Warwick this September. Me and my bf want to find a house together.. we've found the perfect one BUT its in Stoke Aldermoor (Coventry).. and I cant figure out any direct or convenient bus route to get to uni form there.. does anybody know how to get to uni from there?

I gotta make a decision in a couple of days.. help!

Thanks.
    This is a great website:
    http://www.transportdirect.info/

Says it should take you about 48minutes to Warwick uni by walking and bus number 801.

ReputationRep:
    I was in Earlsdon in Coventry, it took about 15 mins with minimal traffic to get to campus, not sure how far that is from your place, try google maps.
    The buses are quite reliable time-wise, BUT if the bus gets too full (ie at rush hour times) then they don't always stop and just drive past...so you have to go in much earlier.

If you get a place with your boyfriend only, you risk missing out on university life (unless he is a student there too I suppose!), as yoy might just hang with each other and not get involved with anyone else.

I would recommend campus accom though if you can get it, because it's more fun and makes life easier. In my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for the replies! I finaly decided on a less fantastic place much closer to a bus stop.. guess thats a better compromise. Cheers!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.