Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have two best friends, and a few really close friends. Recently my 2nd best friend is being an idiot. Shes recently started going out with her best friend/one of my close mates. shes always with him, and now doesnt make the effort to even plan anything with me, which has made me realise that for the past month or so, most likely longer than that, before she started going out with this lad, she never made the effort, it was always me that asked if she wanted to go places, or rang/txt her to do sumat. now its really started to anoy me, and its kinda making me dislike her. shes done a number of things to anoy me like this, and i dont think i can stand any more of it. recently i went up town with her, and she met her bf and a few of our other friends, id already agreed to leave town early, and we was going to get a taxi home 2getha, but she left with her bf, meaning i had to get a taxi home on my own at 1am, and she doesnt even see anything wrong with that, not even a txt or call the next day to see if id got home okay. i honestly feel as though im just being used, and she decides when she wants to be my friend and do something. i wana make up with her as weve somewhat fell out, on my part, but i cant imagine its going to change, so what should i do?

ReputationRep:
    Dont bother with her and just let her get on with it?
    No point trying with people who dont try with you.
    When her and her boyfriend break up she'll realise her mistake.

ReputationRep:
    Sit down with her and explain how you're feeling and the changes you wish to happen in your friendship, i.e her spending more time with you, because tbh she might not even realise how your feeling. If it doesn't work, maye distance youself from her and let her make the move to plan something, she will soon realise she's losing/lost a good friend.

ReputationRep:
    im getting a feeling like this too- maybe youre just outgrowing her

ReputationRep:
    You either keep bugging her about it which will drive her more towards her boyfriend as she won't see you're doing it because you care and want to spend time with her. Or you bite your tongue and wait for her to change and/or break up with him.

ReputationRep:
    i dont want to only be her friend when shes not with lads tho. another thing is, her and her bf have a problem with me talking to his ex and her best friend, but we get on really well, and ive never stopped them talking from ppl that ive had problems with b4, so why should i stop talking to them? its hard just to ignore the problem when my whole group of friends is based around them in a way, as his best friends are mine, and likewise with her, so im either pulling myself out of the group, or ive gota get on with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink_princess1990)
    Sit down with her and explain how you're feeling and the changes you wish to happen in your friendship, i.e her spending more time with you, because tbh she might not even realise how your feeling. If it doesn't work, maye distance youself from her and let her make the move to plan something, she will soon realise she's losing/lost a good friend.

or alternatively one could punch the dumb *****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_girl_called_john)
    or alternatively one could punch the dumb *****
    lmao, ive considered it tbh. think that would be the end of our friendship tho if i did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollie_144)
    lmao, ive considered it tbh. think that would be the end of our friendship tho if i did.
    it would be really funny though. just give her a roundhouse to the babymaker

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.