Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

So, the air at home at the moment is that I'm being kicked out. Which, is, of course, a bundle of issues in one, but it's at least more or less mutual - isn't life lovely?

There's a possibility, as it's one of the issues under discussion, that my parents will be withdrawing financial support (at the moment in the form of paying rent), or at the very least, will hold it over my head in a manner that's more than a little uncomfortable.

At the moment, I'm from a high income bracket, which means I qualify for the basic maintenance loan, and the tuition loan of course. I've of course got access to everyone's friend Mr Overdraft, and with that I should just about be able to cover my rent and, with any luck, a little food now and again for the year. It'll be tricky, as I'm not sure I'll be able to work during term times. Time-scheduling at Oxford is tight, and I haven't got the time to go out more than a couple of times a term in any case.

Is it a possibility for me to somehow declare myself as living alone, and start applying for bursarys from there? I'm desperate to bring this all to an end, but without financial independence from my parents, I can't see if this is a realistic course. Not really thinking straight, it's been one of those days...

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts?

(Thanks!)

ReputationRep:
    You have to prove that you're estranged and /or self supporting for 3 years.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.