Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Go on holiday, come back and question who your mates really are? *********** Watch

I went on holiday for a week with family and family friends who I hadnt seen for a few years. I was thinking the holiday was going to be really lame, these girls are weird (in my head) and I used to have a secret crush on one when I was about 7.

I go away and have an awesome week with these girls and a few other family friends who are around my age, but especially with these sisters. We get wasted a couple of nights, go swimming and jacuzzi at night, chill in the day.

Immediately, first day in, I see the younger sister (who is my age), speak to her and have a huge crush on her. She already has a boyfriend at home, so Im destined for the friend-zone. But she is so special that this doesnt bother me one bit at the time, Im just happy to be sitting next to her, relaxing with her and joking around. I found that she was the only one I really cared about in the group of 7 kids or so. 6 of us would be by the pool, all I wanted to do was be with her.

Came back home earlier today, went on facebook, and just thought to myself "half of my mates are ******** who, to be fair, I wouldnt be friends with if I started life afresh from today onwards, no past history with people at all". These girls are the types of people I would love to be best friends with, but they live an hour away. It just seems like we clicked and gelled. The people who you are destined to meet with (I am a big believer in fate), and no, it wasnt just the alcohol!

Is this a normal feeling, Im seriously considering just cutting all ties with a lot of my phony and shallow friends, keeping the safe ones and being more open-minded about people.

*also*- bonus question lol, do you think I should tell this girl that I like her? She has a boyfriend who sounds like a great guy. Nothing is ever going to happen between us as we live too far apart. I do have the perfect set-up line/situation that is personal between us where I could easily slip it very subtly that I have a crush on her. Because I cant contact her at all for another 2 days, and have been trying to contact her literally 24/7 for the past week I have semi-withdrawal symptons (have them after every major good-time holiday when I come home), and so my judgement is very clouded.

ReputationRep:
    you think too much

ReputationRep:
    don't put this girl in a awkward position when she is in a relationship.
    And don't bother cutting out your "unreal" friends, live would be boring as hell without some random mates!

ReputationRep:
    Leave her be. She doesn't want your greasy hands groping her delicate bosom. :no:

ReputationRep:
    Awww- but surely thats the AFTER effect of a really good time on holiday?

ReputationRep:
    leave her be, i would because it's not really fair to make her life more complicated when she is happy with her boyfriend.

I wouldn't ditch all your friends completely, you may regret it. But i do agree sometimes in life you realise half the people you could of as friends arent really anything but just someone there to pass the time with. Rather than a friend you could leave for 2 years, come back and still act like time never passed.

ReputationRep:
    you sound like the shallow friend they should cut tbh

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.