Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There's no point in Anon as quite a few people on here know im resitting med school exams.

Anyway, its on monday and i have been revising for weeks and weeks. But there is still so much i dont know, my confidence in passing is zero and i feel dreadful!

I dont think i could have worked any harder, but it isnt much consolation after all that hard work. My mind just seems to be blank :confused:

Help.!

ReputationRep:
    You'll pass, don't worry. 40% is easy to scrape anyway and considering all the work you've put on, if it doesn't pay off, I'll be surprised.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry dear you'll be fine. Hard work always pays off :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    There's no point in Anon as quite a few people on here know im resitting med school exams.

Anyway, its on monday and i have been revising for weeks and weeks. But there is still so much i dont know, my confidence in passing is zero and i feel dreadful!

I dont think i could have worked any harder, but it isnt much consolation after all that hard work. My mind just seems to be blank :confused:

Help.!
    You're bound to have passed 40%!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)

Help.!
    The hard work is gonna pay off, Don't lose confidence

"Win".

ReputationRep:
    its not 40% pass, its 70% for med

ReputationRep:
    I see. That complicates matters significantly. I would ask my medic mate what to expect on the exam, but then TSR would probably ban me!

How much of it do you know really well?

ReputationRep:
    You probably won't listen to me but I'm only using one minute or two of my life.

Sign out, make a hot chocolate/something you enjoy and do something you like to do to relax (watch TV, read a book, listen to music). Then get back to revision or have an early night and start revision early.

Good luck in your exams.

ReputationRep:
    I always think to myself that you can't know everything cos your brain may not be capable of taking it all in. If you've worked as hard as you can you've done all you can do. Maybe you're suffering from burn out?

ReputationRep:
    I can understand how you feel, med school exams come with extra pressure I think because there is less chance of blagging a pass (rightly so I think).

Your exam is on monday, you have the whole of tomorrow. Don't panic! You said you have been working hard for weeks so the knowledge is in your brain somewhere. Tomorrow, focus on sharpening your mind and bringing out your knowledge. I normally spend the day before exams doing practise questions because you can cover all the topics fairly quickly, its an easy way to show which areas you need another quick read of and also boosts your confidance when you can answer the questions!

Try sites like clinicaltutor.com (?) for practice MCQ's/ EMQ's.

Good luck! Don't panic, as someone said before... hard work rewards itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalFlash)
    "Win".
    This.

As I said to you earlier, you're a winner. Go in to that exam knowing you are a winner, and you're gonna kick that exams ass

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.