Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Question about Airport Security Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pimpman777)
    Thanks for the replies, I'm just a bit wary because I don't want to be held up and embarassed in public lol

Is it the same at Gatwork? Thanks for your reply.
    It's not really likely to hold you up for longer than a minute, and it's not embarrassing. It's someone telling you to stick your arms out, spending about 10 seconds frisking you, then asking you to put your shoes through another scanner, so you just put them through, pick up your stuff from the first machine then go put your shoes on.

Really really really not a big deal, and not really a reason to worry about your footwear.

ReputationRep:
    does it matter? if they check it they check it. As long as you're not carrying small explosives/weapons in your rubber soles then what's there to worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    He wasn't of Asian ethnicity though.
    No he wasn't. But, the other poster asked if there were any specifically white terrorists... but I get what your aiming at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbo3045)
    No he wasn't. But, the other poster asked if there were any specifically white terrorists... but I get what your aiming at.
    The original ignoramus mentioned non-Asian looking..

(Original post by musti123)
    If ur white or generally non-asian/arab looking then no problem
    ..before Higs narrowed it down to whites.

ReputationRep:
    The original ignoramus mentioned non-Asian looking..

..before Higs narrowed it down to whites.
    Well you responded to Post#14 (Higgys comment) about white terrorists. That's why I highlighted he was not 100% white pork. That is all.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, none..
    i didnt say none.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your replies I'll just take the plunge and hope they don't get paranoid lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higgy90)
    erm... it is true... how many white terrorist bombers have there been?
    Oklahoma ring any bells?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyrrho101)
    Oklahoma ring any bells?
    I'm sorry, I don't believe my post read "There have been no white terrorists."

ReputationRep:
    Good one.

The shoes generally just go through the x-ray machine with the bags etc.
    Hes not half wrong you know, even if he was joking. I've seen people who had the typical look taken aside many a time. Shocking, and it shouldn't happen, but it does.

ReputationRep:
    They'll only ask you to take your shoes off if you buzz, usually. I remember flying by myself and she made me take my shoes off and she put them through the scan thingy at the opposite end of the airport :| So I had to walk round, by myself, in no shoes. What an idiot.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.