Turn on thread page Beta

***Ladies*** Do you like compliments??? ***most imporant question ever!*** watch

ReputationRep:
    I love them as long as they're not sleazy or insincere. You guys have to make yourself clear though, I have a friend who compliments me a ridiculous amount for what I am but he's always got this stupid grin on his face! He's not a mean guy, so I don't think he'd just be doing it for the lols but it just always sounds a little bit jokey.

I do have some friends though who squirm at getting complimented. I can't fathom why, but it DOES depend on the girl- as a general rule, they're good, but if you don't get a good response then don't push it further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    You are fit.
    You are fitter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MayhemAM)
    Do you like compliments?
    obviously not anything extreme, I'm talking about the one off compliments. Do they work online as well, this girl I have fallen for I can no longer contact in person, and can only speak to online. I am the cocky, arrogant and humorous type of guy (16) and take the mick out of girls a lot in person, because it suits my character and they can tell from the tone that I am joking, but when speaking on facebook and msn, I am often unsure they get that I am being sarcastic, and am worried that a compliment will do more harm than good. For instance, another girl I am mates with said 'grrr, my boyfriend sent me a lovey-lovey text saying how much he loves me, I hate when guys say "I lvoe you"'.

I ask this simple question only because from my experience, girls do not like to be obviously and unashamedly hit on, they prefer more subtle stuff.
    Depends on the context and person...

'You have a nice ass' insulting to most girls

'You have a pretty girl' a nice comment to make :yes:

And few girls hate the whole 'I love you thing' trust me.

ReputationRep:
    You are fit.
    So are you. :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    You are fitter.
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    So are you. :flutter:
    I like. Compliments good.

I'll thank you in TSR terms:

You are A-Grade hotties.

ReputationRep:

You are A-Grade hotties.
    I was expecting A* but never mind.

ReputationRep:
    I like compliments from nice people
    Some 'compliments' are just horrid

ReputationRep:
    Unexpected, sincere compliments are nice.
    Excessive amounts of compliments are scary.

ReputationRep:
    If sincere yes girls love compliments, especially from the cocky, arrogant type guy because it's even more meaningful if out of character and when you're going to be sarcastic totongue face :P afterwards xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    I like compliments from nice people
    Some 'compliments' are just horrid
    Would you liked to be called Barbie and Cupcake? :o:

ReputationRep:
    Would you liked to be called Barbie and Cupcake? :o:
    Haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unfinished Business)
    Teeheehee, every girl wants to feel loved!!
    Yup, girls like to feel loved, we like to give them love, all is good...:woo:

This person is a legend...:yep:

Any new threads about A.M and V.Z?...:ninja:

ReputationRep:

You are A-Grade hotties.
    Oh why baby, thank you, I've always been an E-Grade hotness. :love:

ReputationRep:
    I don't like compliments. But that's because I often feel they're are lying, and that makes me cry for some reason. It's quite embarassing, actually, and I don't feel many people have this problem...

ReputationRep:
    Yessssss. *cough* Especially about my boobs. *cough*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimoso)
    If I feel like they're being sincere then like they're the best thing ever. For example like the other night some guy came up to me in a club was like "you're gorgeous" or something but it was like the least sincere thing ever and it was clear he just wanted to "get with" me or whatever so I was like bye mate. However some guy that I could tell really liked me once told me I was amazing and I was all But when people say things like that to you you don't know how to react haha
    Compliments when you least expect them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    Yup, girls like to feel loved, we like to give them love, all is good...:woo:

This person is a legend...:yep:

Any new threads about A.M and V.Z?...:ninja:
    Teeheehee apparently they might split up because she has trouble trusting guys! So I'll get him at Bristol!!
    {Fake PMs are so useful }

ReputationRep:
    I adoooore genuine compliments, who doesn't?!

ReputationRep:
    I love compliments but as long as they seem real and not just 'because'

ReputationRep:
    I was expecting A* but never mind.
    Ok you're a first class.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.