Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Iv'e been asked to play half-back for a division up team (American Football) from the team I currently play with. Pre season starts end of September. My current team only trains on Sunday (ill be training with them out of season up to end of September) currently use WS4SB part III.
    I want to incorparate a few agilty and speed days into my week for a better chance at making the offence starting 11 and use WS4SB part II.
    Am pulling my hair out trying to work out the best set up so thought I could get a few opinions.

So far it's a choice between

Mon - Off
    Tue Am - Agility and Direction change
    Tue PM - Max Upper
    Wed - Max lower
    Thur - Off (stretching)
    Fri AM - speed training
    Fri PM - Upper rep's
    Sat - Off (stretching)
    Sun - Training

or

Mon - Max upper
    Tue - Speed Training
    Wed - Max Lower
    Thurs - off (stretching)
    Fri AM - Agility and Direction change
    Fri PM - Upper Rep's
    Sat - off (stretching)
    Sun - Train

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The best thing to do would be to ask Joe Defranco himself. He has a Q&A section in his website I am sure.

Either way, there is no rule that says that the Westside cycle must be done in a week. Many, many people get excellent results extending the cycle to 9 days by taking the last workout of the week and doing it on Monday, then starting the cycle again on Wednesday and finishes the next Wednesday, and starts again on Friday, etc.

If you go to Elitefts Jim Wendler has written a few Westside templates that are three days per week and they look extremely well.

I am assuming speed training is the DE lower?

And it's not generally a good idea to have two ME sessions back to back.

ReputationRep:
    Yer, he does but I didnt see any answers, only questions, so not sure if you get a response. You could possibly get a private email?
    And yer, I'm not really thinking the back 2 back ME days are the way to go, but, in part II Joe suggests Upper ME followed by "Lower Lift" which could be ME or DE using suggested mini cycles.

The Agilty/direction day would more resemble a DE lower, Broad jumps, Hurdle hops etc being used. Speed training day being more sprinting/accelaration technique.

Never been on Elitefts, so will have a look.

Cheers dude.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.