Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am getting on, 26 next week but I have always been the freak, the weirdo and had 1 friend if lucky and they have been the depressing person who often talks about suicide as their life is so bad.

Before I started high school I was average popular, had friends and didn know at the time but a lot of girls liked me(always wanted me to chase them around playground and admitted a few years ago that was reason why)

I started high school then on day 1 all my friends left me because my family was lower class and they were all from good working families, I was bullied to the point where I had my shoulder broken and the school told me since I was from a lower class family and the others werent I must of started it, this was the case for my entire school life so I went from being very confident to so shy that even if someone said hello to me on a random bit of niceness I would blank them, however when going on school trips people used to comment that I was "normal" and why couldnt I be this way normally.

So I left school at 15(as was 16 a few weeks later) and started college I made some friends and went out once a month and women started noticing me, still got a lot of nasty comments like calling me fat and ugly(despite at time being underweight but had a rugby build) I got likened to the spitting image of Austin Powers or an unnattractive Harry Potter.

I gained a slight bit of confidence and by 21 I went clubbing every weekend and changed from being interested in console games to selling all my games just to go clubbing and had girls flirt with me and one even was "locked out" at her flat across the road from mine and came into mine and stripped off saying I was good looking(and she knew my name and how old I was etc which was strange)

However then I had a family death, a murder at that which destroyed me, and 4 years on I havent recovered I have gained loads of weight and not had a single bit of female attention but at the same time Im so depressed I want to be alone except that means I am lonely and get even more depressed so I dont know what to do HELP!

I seem stuck as I want to go back to how things were just older and wiser but I am knocked back so dont put the effort in and am afraid of being inadequate etc.

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MittenKrust)
    I got likened to the spitting image of Austin Powers or an unnattractive Harry Potter.
    Let me just correct you here...

These two are NOT attractive, ESPECIALLY Harry Potter :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Let me just correct you here...

These two are NOT attractive, ESPECIALLY Harry Potter :facepalm2:
    I said that because a lot of people I have spoken to have liked the nerdish look, and at the time when I left home Austin Powers was popular and girls were like "ooh you look like Austin Powers, do you have sex as good as him" as a chat up line.

ReputationRep:
    I said that because a lot of people I have spoken to have liked the nerdish look, and at the time when I left home Austin Powers was popular and girls were like "ooh you look like Austin Powers, do you have sex as good as him" as a chat up line.
    Baby, this just sounds so wrong wrong wrong.
    :facepalm2: x2.

:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Lost all respect for you because you sound like some cocky **** who thinks he's god's gift to women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Lost all respect for you because you sound like some cocky **** who thinks he's god's gift to women.
    :confused: When did I say that? If I thought that then I wouldnt be posting this thread.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.