Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I was out the other night with mates, and one of my female friends started holding hands and at the bar like touched my nose...

Does this physical contact kind of mean that she may like me?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    yeah well for me, i kinda touch a guy's arm if i fancy them usually i dont really mean to do it! so yeah i would think she probably might like you! she definetly thinks alot of you..whether now that is more than friends though?

ReputationRep:
    I think if any girl touches a man, they like them a fair bit :yep:

ReputationRep:
    If she held your hand for no apparent reason, then she probably does like you.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the person? Some people are just friendly - I've got friends who got in to VERY awkward situations because of it.

ReputationRep:
    99% of the time, yes indeedy. I've caught myself doing this accidentally before
    But be careful, some girls can be fickle and lead people on by doing this, though its probably fine and I'm being overly paranoid.

ReputationRep:
    Yup

ReputationRep:
    In this case yeah it sounds like she likes you, because she was just holding hands with you in the club and touching your nose is bordering flirty from friendly, compared to other types of physical contact.

But please don't listen to everyone who says any physical contact means they like you! I have physical contact with lots of my guy friends just bcos I feel like it, and just how I would with my girl friends.. Sometimes overthinking can mess things up.

ReputationRep:
    if she touches your nose it means she wants to get married within the next 4 and a half months, have 3 kids (2 boys and 1 girl) and it also means she's asking if her mother can live with you guys in your marital home....
    she likes you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.