Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Grr just venting anger about stupid people in pub watch

ReputationRep:
    I was sitting down and watched a Japanese tv show clip, the show is like Power Rangers but intended for adults(contains the odd bit of nudity and quite a few swear words) these guys walked past, banged into me and started laughing and said to the girls sitting at table opposite "this guy likes Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers" and started laughing and walking down the stairs(still looking at the girls)

about an hour has passed and I suddenly noticed my laptop not getting power and running off battery and turned round to see the same guys leaning over my shoulder and laughing again and saying to different pretty girls "this guy is watching cartoons now, what an big kid" when I was actually watching an anime clip of someone getting attacked and sliced apart with blood and swearing!

The girls looked at me and started laughing as they believed what this guy said.

Just a bit angry.

ReputationRep:
    Watching stuff on a laptop in a pub....

Maybe you dont get the point in going to a pub rather than a cafe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    Watching stuff on a laptop in a pub....

Maybe you dont get the point in going to a pub rather than a cafe?
    Tell me a cafe thats open this late at night then please lol especially one where you can buy a 50p drink and sit for 2 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MittenKrust)
    Tell me a cafe thats open this late at night then please lol especially one where you can buy a 50p drink and sit for 2 hours.

That is true. Even so though...

Anyway, which pub in hull? New town or old? Definitely old, unless you wanna get repeatedly abused by drunk chavs/muppets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    That is true. Even so though...

Anyway, which pub in hull? New town or old? Definitely old, unless you wanna get repeatedly abused by drunk chavs/muppets
    Not in Hull at moment, moved away for summer im in Ayrshire.

ReputationRep:
    Sitting in a pub doing something like taht, you should expect that reaction. Guys like to belittle others in anyway possible in front of girls to look cool/popular. Adding alcohol just makes it worse.

ReputationRep:
    Not in Hull at moment, moved away for summer im in Ayrshire.
    So you're not too far from Glasgow, watchign cartoons on a laptop in a pub. And you complain when you get abuse.

You, sir, are a tool.

ReputationRep:
    why would you want to go to a pub post midnight to watch a fetish version of power rangers and cartoons? not to mention sit there drinking the same 50p drink for 2 hours. i understand if you were going there to socialize/meet new people but you were just sitting there watching stuff on your laptop? you seem like quite a dork tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    why would you want to go to a pub post midnight to watch a fetish version of power rangers and cartoons? not to mention sit there drinking the same 50p drink for 2 hours. i understand if you were going there to socialize/meet new people but you were just sitting there watching stuff on your laptop? you seem like quite a dork tbh.
    Am I missing something but I posted before 11pm and the events occured before that but somehow you think I went to the bar after midnight, weird.

And FYI I went there to get out of the house and chill out as was getting stressed at home, I would of drank more but was wanting to save cash and wanted to not fill myself with sugary drinks or alcohol which would be bad for me.

Also it wasnt a fetish version of power rangers, its just a show where people transform into suits to fight monsters which has swearing in it and minor nudity now and again and I see "cartoons" as a different style of animation then anime.

And again FYI I needed to download some files as I only have a mobile broadband dongle at home with a 1 gig limit so couldnt do it.

ReputationRep:
    relax brah im only teasing you (although i still think you could have just set your laptop to download and closed it/put in your bag whilst you did something else). i wasnt paying much attention to when you posted the thread. btw "a show where people transform into suits to fight monsters" is prob even worse :p: fair enough if you wanted to get out the house. personally i just have a cigarette and take a walk around the 'block' in such situations.

ReputationRep:
    I was sitting down and watched a Japanese tv show clip, the show is like Power Rangers but intended for adults(contains the odd bit of nudity and quite a few swear words) these guys walked past, banged into me and started laughing and said to the girls sitting at table opposite "this guy likes Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers" and started laughing and walking down the stairs(still looking at the girls)

about an hour has passed and I suddenly noticed my laptop not getting power and running off battery and turned round to see the same guys leaning over my shoulder and laughing again and saying to different pretty girls "this guy is watching cartoons now, what an big kid" when I was actually watching an anime clip of someone getting attacked and sliced apart with blood and swearing!

The girls looked at me and started laughing as they believed what this guy said.

Just a bit angry.

I would have done the same thing tbh, go go power rangers!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.