Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

no1 can love you unless you love yourself? Watch

ReputationRep:
    who here actually agree's with that?

I personally think its BS. Lots of insecure people who don't love themself are loved.

ReputationRep:
    total rubbish :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I think there is some truth in it, yes you can be loved if you are insecure, but are they really loving the real person you are?

Insecure people often throw up a front or a different personality to their real one, someone could love that, but they cant love the real person can they, if they cant see it?

ReputationRep:
    I don't love myself, I know my mummy loves me

ReputationRep:
    People that are insecure might not feel 'worthy' to be loved so they don''t get that people do love them I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Not true, emos = living proof.
    No-one can respect you until you respect yourself, is true however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    I don't love myself, I know my mummy loves me
    I love you too :love:

If you don't love yourself then you won't let anyone love you imo, except your mumma

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to learn who you are to fully be yourself in a relationship.. this is kind of especially true once you break up with someone.. if you've been in a long relationship for a while.. you kind of lose your own identity and need a while to figure out who you are before you get with anyone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet by and by)
    I love you too :love:

If you don't love yourself then you won't let anyone love you imo, except your mumma
    :jumphug:

And your pappa :yes:

ReputationRep:
    If you think you're nothing, then others wouldn't respect you. i'm not seeing how that's so controversial.

ReputationRep:
    It just seems to be one of those ridiculous things that people say, which isn't based on any logical reasoning whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    i think its true. i have a guy friend who always moans about how ugly he is.
    his appearence doesnt bother me, but his lack of confidence makes him unattractive in my eyes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marsha2112)
    I think it depends on what you mean by respect. Do you mean acting like a whore or being a doormat?

ReputationRep:
    I just saw that film (OP- I'm assuming you did too). I agree though, long to explain but a recent situation kind of changed me and made me love myself more and then others just responded to me better.

ReputationRep:
    ossie wild said to love oneself is the begginin of a lifelong romance!!

thats why i love meself but then again im quite sexy and that

ReputationRep:
    I think it contains an element of truth. Somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KvBhasgotabigwilly)
    I just saw that film (OP- I'm assuming you did too). I agree though, long to explain but a recent situation kind of changed me and made me love myself more and then others just responded to me better.
    lol.. i don't know what film.
    want to elaborate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marsha2112)
    Depends if we're talking about emos or wemos? Most emos seem to be wemos these days, according to some sources of what emos truly are (supposed to be) :rolleyes: and most wemos seem to love themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    total rubbish :yep:
    Is that how you feel about yourself?
    No wonder you're single then :sad:

:suith:

ReputationRep:
    nonsense. I love myself daily [sometimes multiple] and no-one reciprocates.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.