Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

All the latest chart music sounds like dance, whats going on? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Everything i hear in the charts seem to have a dance element to it. It's all really samey and repetitive and incredibly boring.

Is anyone else finding this, or is it just me

ReputationRep:
    I agree.
    I miss the good old hip hop days

ReputationRep:
    It's summer Party time

But yeah I agree with you a bit there, but I don't mind that much since I quite like some of the stuff there

ReputationRep:
    Its diabolical thats what it is!
    Ill stick to my itunes thanks very much, non of thats dancey rave pish for me.

ReputationRep:
    most forms of dance are become mainstream, which normal kills a area of music, cos well, every tom, **** and harry thinks they can have a go at it, and well as you see it doesn't always work, you just have to hunt for the good stuff, it happened to rock and indie, and pop, it will balance out, plus the charts :p: well

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree.
    Chart music is just crap nowadays. That's why you best off not listening to it. And listening to something decent.

ReputationRep:
    The 90's kids are grown ups and are now invading our charts :mob:

Wait, I'm a 90s :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I've given up on the radio, never listen to anything but my iPod now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.Naughty)
    Totally agree.
    Chart music is just crap nowadays. That's why you best off not listening to it. And listening to something decent.
    when has chart music ever been good :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinson999)
    when has chart music ever been good :p:
    Actually, i was just thinking that myself. :p:
    I think for me, when i was younger (and more naive) i used to listen to the chart and apreciate it.
    I've moved on since then...i think. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I hate all this new chart crap, as for listening to or watching mainstream radio and music channels, HA! what a waste of broadcasting waves

ReputationRep:
    It's summer man, PARTAY!

I don't really mind it...

ReputationRep:
    Actually, i was just thinking that myself. :p:
    I think for me, when i was younger (and more naive) i used to listen to the chart and apreciate it.
    I've moved on since then...i think. :yes:
    lol each to there own, people like it cos well, they are buying it, people not listening to the wider music :p:, which is good cos it stops it from becoming "mainstream", and everyone trying to copying it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinson999)
    lol each to there own, people like it cos well, they are buying it, people not listening to the wider music :p:, which is good cos it stops it from becoming "mainstream", and everyone trying to copying it
    Yeah i agree with that as well!
    I like to listen to a bit of everything really. Indie/rock is probably the path i take nowadays but again you see some bands in that genre become mainstream now. And it ruins them sometimes.
    (Thanks for the rep I'm assuming it's you btw!)

(Original post by priceless_beauty)
    Everything i hear in the charts seem to have a dance element to it. It's all really samey and repetitive and incredibly boring.

Is anyone else finding this, or is it just me
    All these pop stars want their music to be played on your next night out clubbing...

The music business is evil! :mwuaha:

ReputationRep:
    i was all in to hip hop rnb but dance isnt too bad its alright actually..

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i agree with that as well!
    I like to listen to a bit of everything really. Indie/rock is probably the path i take nowadays but again you see some bands in that genre become mainstream now. And it ruins them sometimes.
    (Thanks for the rep I'm assuming it's you btw!)
    i just listen to music depending on my mood now, i agree becoming mainstream ruins some
    :hat2: no worries

ReputationRep:
    well, clearly people are buying dance music atm.

ReputationRep:
    i dislike, when im in a club, hearing chart and cheese.

if i wanted to listen to chart, i would stay in and listen to the radio!

ReputationRep:
    Not terribly surprised to be honest , it's been like that with dance music becoming totally mainstream for a while now - and pretty much all of it is complete dross.The last time I really listened to chart music on the radio was in 2006 - not seen any point listening since as I've been much better off finding my own music.

There's the odd good dance song like Unfinished Symphony by Massive Attack , which I quite like despite not being keen on the dance music genre.But this recent stuff is nothing near as good as that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.