Turn on thread page Beta

All the latest chart music sounds like dance, whats going on? watch

ReputationRep:
    could be worse, the charts could be re invaded by the pigeon detectives, wombats, hoosiers etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigman_ben)
    could be worse, the charts could be re invaded by the pigeon detectives, wombats, hoosiers etc
    It's funny, I could never really tell the difference between those 3 bands.. all equally dire.

Chart music is pretty awful right now, it's all "SUMMER TUNEZZZZ" which equates to ******, repetitive beats. Ok, there's an odd good'un here and there, but if I had to make a sweeping generalisation I'd have to say it's all fairly awful. I don't really listen to the radio though, so the only time I hear them is if I'm out. Hooray!

ReputationRep:
    This is why I don't listen to the radio as much as I used to :danceboy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conroe-killed-the-k8-star)
    There's the odd good dance song like Unfinished Symphony by Massive Attack , which I quite like despite not being keen on the dance music genre.But this recent stuff is nothing near as good as that.
    Unfinished Symphony as a track, and in fact Massive Attack in general, are quite far removed from typical dance music, especially the current charts stuff under discussion here. They are much more closely related to Trip-hop, a blend of early Hip-hop and Electronica. A genre i love and highly recommend with stuff from Massive Attack and Lamb being amongst the best.

ReputationRep:
    Just the latest in a long line of things that sound exactly the same over the past few years - the "indie" boyband phase was terrible, then came the RnB (basically pop with Americans in) and now dance.
    That said I think the chart is a lot better now than in recent years - Lady Gaga, LaRoux, BEP, Agnes etc have some pretty good songs

ReputationRep:
    Probably because Average Joe has got bored of identikit "indie" bands clogging up the charts and fancies raping the **** out of a different genre for a bit...

Oh and it's Unfinished Sympathy not Symphony...

ReputationRep:
    Most of the 'dance' in the charts is commerical pop its not real dance at all,real dance genres like Trance,House, Electro etc never get in the charts at all and if they do its the more poppy element.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.