Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do any of you girls like older men? Watch

It it me being abnormal because ever since I was like 12/13 Ive only ever fancied men such as teachers/sports instructors age between like 30 - 55. Ive just never seen the attraction of guys my age for some reason they just seem like daft lads who take the p*** to me lol but older men just seem more nicer, stronger and appealing ... Why have I always liked mature men though is it just a preference or is it abnormal?

Btw Im not the mature type myself far from it I don't look or act my age and am quite naive.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, they're too grown up for me I guess :p: Me and my last boyfriend spent time playing with lego and watching the Clangers :giggle:

I guess what it is really is I like the idea of being the cute/innocent one and being told what to do/given advice by a good looking older man. Obviously I wouldn't go out with one its just so socially unacceptable but yea am i weird?

ReputationRep:
    Im 19, and my boyfriend is 24 so bit of an age diffrance, he says i dont act my age im much more muture. Iv always like older men never been out with a guy the same age as me or younger. I do agree with you about older men!

ReputationRep:
    Yes. But in some ways they intimidate me a lot, so I don't think I'd ever date anyone more than a year or two older than me.

i'm 18 and for a while i only ever bothered with men 30+
    after a while the life style/experience gap that comes with the age gap got too much, and i sometimes had to ask myself what sort of man is attracted to a young and cutesy looking 18 year old girl?

ReputationRep:
    I like them old and loaded. Not loaded with sperms though. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I do tend to be more attracted to +30 men.

ReputationRep:
    Older men can be quite attractive. When i say older i mean under 40 years old.
    I think men do tend to get more attractive as they get older.

ReputationRep:
    HELL YES, OP; I know exactly what you mean! My first crush was a 35 year old guy and that was when I was 11, and since then I've only really ever fancied 40+ (this only really applies for celebrities by the way! :rolleyes:)

I don't know what it is... But yes, it's probably because they're more experienced and could clearly take better care of you than a teenage-ish boy of our own age. However, I still constantly get made fun of for this...

ReputationRep:
    yea deff i prefer older men. not all men my age are immature but the ones i attract are for some reason. older men are more worldley, matture, got bit money to treat you some times and they listen to you but sometimes they dont like you they just go by the saying your onli as old as the girl your feeling. they sometimes use you to boost thier egos.

ReputationRep:
    I heart Alan Rickman!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fantasystar38)
    I heart Alan Rickman!
    Oh gawd... don't get me started on him :woo: why why why is he so darn sexy?

ReputationRep:
    Depends how old.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I fancied Johnny Depp , Alan Rickman and Colin Firth since I was about 14, and they're pretty old! I think they just stay attractive as they get older but what makes them preferable to younger men is the suavity and the deep voices. I dated a guy four years older than me when I was 16 though and it was pretty scary, especially as men are always after one thing! So yeah, keep the older men thing as a fantasy, even if it's a very hot fantasy..................

ReputationRep:
    I love Johnny Depp :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    I like them old and loaded. Not loaded with sperms though. :ninja:
    haha ... Is it the off-loading process you're worried about? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marinated_in_Joy)
    So yeah, keep the older men thing as a fantasy, even if it's a very hot fantasy..................
    :yes: :woo:

lol didn't know it was so common.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden-flower)
    :yes: :woo:
    Hugh Laurie?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.