Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do any of you girls like older men? Watch

ReputationRep:
    yes, namely BoJo, Hugh Grant, Michael Portillo and my old maths teacher at school.

(Original post by s+lky)
    ooh who ever you are i'm so glad i've discovered another voice person.. :yes:

yes to older men.. an unequivocal yes..
    Voice is super important! I don't know why i went anon really - i think it's pretty obvious that i like older men from my avatar. :ninja:

(Original post by Cultivated)
    I like them old and loaded. Not loaded with sperms though. :ninja:
    Your pic begs to differ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Your pic begs to differ

:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It it me being abnormal because ever since I was like 12/13 Ive only ever fancied men such as teachers/sports instructors age between like 30 - 55. Ive just never seen the attraction of guys my age for some reason they just seem like daft lads who take the p*** to me lol but older men just seem more nicer, stronger and appealing ... Why have I always liked mature men though is it just a preference or is it abnormal?

Btw Im not the mature type myself far from it I don't look or act my age and am quite naive.
    I don't know how old you are...

Loads of women like older men (especially when they the women are young women) for most of the reasons you mentioned... they are more mature, more sensible (or not really, but young women think they are!), they have more to offer, they have their lives sorted for the most part... and they can just be very attractive.

I have also always liked older men. I had 2 crushes on guys my own age in middle school and then from the age of about 13 onwards, I began to only be attracted to older men. I am almost 21 now and I find that I still find older men the most attractive. (Normally men in their 30s-40s, but I have liked some younger and some older!)

However the fact you say you are 'naive' and young for your age, makes me think that perhaps you only like these older men because deep down you KNOW they wouldn't ever consider being with you (teachers for example, not plausable), so you therefore don't have to think about having a real relationship when you maybe aren't ready for one yet? It's just a safe fantasy.
    If this is your case, then you may find that as you mature in every way, you are more attracted to men your own age too.

But even if you're not, it's VERY normal. Lots of women like older men, myself included and I am quite mature for my age. So there ya go :-)

ReputationRep:
    Yep. While all the other girls at school were fancying David Beckham I was fancying their dads. :o:

ReputationRep:
    I love older guys. It's mostly, I think, to do with their maturity and the idea that they can protect me and look after me and stuff. I'm sure there's a 'daddy' metaphor in there somewhere because I never had one :rolleyes: but yeah, I just pine for someone who can take care of me. Saying that, my boyfriend is a year younger than me but because he can be quite mature at times and makes me feel protected, it's okay. If I was looking though, I'd definitely be trying to find someone older. Not too old though - I'd say 10 years older than me is the limit.

ReputationRep:
    Voice is super important! I don't know why i went anon really - i think it's pretty obvious that i like older men from my avatar. :ninja:

thank you ! my friends think i'm a lunatic because i love voice but i just think a guy simply HAS to have an amazing voice.. no doubt about it ! :yes:

(Original post by Miss_Scarlet)
    I don't know how old you are...

Loads of women like older men (especially when they the women are young women) for most of the reasons you mentioned... they are more mature, more sensible (or not really, but young women think they are!), they have more to offer, they have their lives sorted for the most part... and they can just be very attractive.

I have also always liked older men. I had 2 crushes on guys my own age in middle school and then from the age of about 13 onwards, I began to only be attracted to older men. I am almost 21 now and I find that I still find older men the most attractive. (Normally men in their 30s-40s, but I have liked some younger and some older!)

However the fact you say you are 'naive' and young for your age, makes me think that perhaps you only like these older men because deep down you KNOW they wouldn't ever consider being with you (teachers for example, not plausable), so you therefore don't have to think about having a real relationship when you maybe aren't ready for one yet? It's just a safe fantasy.
    If this is your case, then you may find that as you mature in every way, you are more attracted to men your own age too.

But even if you're not, it's VERY normal. Lots of women like older men, myself included and I am quite mature for my age. So there ya go :-)
    Thanks, Ive read that carefully its quite interesting. You might be surprised to know Im actually 22, nearly 23 so Im thinking if I wasn't ready for a relationship at this age there might be something wrong with me:confused: Eitherway I guess I can't be bothered with relationships they do kind of scare me, well anything new does. Like I said Ive not changed since I was like 13 in terms of sexual preference its as though I haven't accepted reality yet I just enjoy fantasising and listening to love songs still:rolleyes: . Actually come to think of it Im just plain immature I don't look, act or feel my age Im just naive in everything I do a lot of people say I look about 14, which has nothng to do with mental maturity I know, but still lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    You forgot Johnny Depp!! I mean surely he beats all of them? Good looking fella.
    Mah bad.

ReputationRep:
    Rofls. All older men who go for young girls are paedophiles.

The end.

ReputationRep:
    http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Page...son-cooper.jpg
    anderson cooper would soo get it

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, Ive read that carefully its quite interesting. You might be surprised to know Im actually 22, nearly 23 so Im thinking if I wasn't ready for a relationship at this age there might be something wrong with me:confused: Eitherway I guess I can't be bothered with relationships they do kind of scare me, well anything new does. Like I said Ive not changed since I was like 13 in terms of sexual preference its as though I haven't accepted reality yet I just enjoy fantasising and listening to love songs still:rolleyes: . Actually come to think of it Im just plain immature I don't look, act or feel my age Im just naive in everything I do a lot of people say I look about 14, which has nothng to do with mental maturity I know, but still lol.

Well there's nothing wrong with that... I have a friend who is 22 and she is also quite immature in a lot of ways. Doesn't mean you're silly or childish or anything, just means you maybe don't want that rigth now.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to always go for older men but I have had comments that I look older than I actually am and I have been told I'm more mature than most people my age. I don't think age matters as a major thing though, it is more important about how well you connect with someone in order for a relationship to succeed.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.