Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend kissed a girl Watch

Ive really fallen for my boyfriend, we have only been together for around 6 months.

Today he rang me to tell me he went out last night and he kissed a girl, he was quite drunk, but didnt use it as an excuse. It was only for a few seconds and then he pulled away. He regretted it etc. We met at uni, and hes 150 miles away, i would never have found out if he didnt tell me.

I was kind of hurt but said it was okay and as long as it didnt happen again its not nice, but its a mistake and we can move on.

Some of my friends think ive under reacted. Have i?

ReputationRep:
    Did it taste like cherry chapstick

ReputationRep:
    At least he had the balls to tell you.
    Do you feel you have under reacted?
    Do you think you can move on?

ReputationRep:
    i don't think so. as long as you have made sure he knows that you wont stand for that kind of behaviour. otherwise he will think he can get away with stuff like that

ReputationRep:
    No - he called you when you would never have found out, and he didn't use it as an excuse.

Clearly he regrets it, so won't do it again - if he does then forgiving him instantly again would be under-reacting, but not this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BramsSTFU)
    I was going to say "and he liked it!....."

ReputationRep:
    He was honest to you, of course the whole im drunk excuse most of the time isnt a great excuse to try anf get out of it.

However if you think you can move on from this and he did make a mistake and is sorry, then there is no reason why you should kick off about it. Dont listen to your mates, you do what you feel is right.

ReputationRep:
    You might have or not. It's up to you.
    He did a really stupid (and possibly unforgivable) thing, but at least there's honesty in the relationship as he called and told you about the event.

(Original post by Stupiemountain)
    I was going to say "and he liked it!....."
    He didnt! :P

And thanks. Yeah, i can move on, if it happens again its a whole different story. Just needed to hear it kind of thing. Thanks guys.

ReputationRep:
    I think it sometimes takes strength to forgive and move on. Atleast he was honest to you and didn't try and make excuses about it. To be honest because im that kinda person i would have probably done the same, unless i was really hurt!! It's hard to break away from people you care about.

ReputationRep:
    quite impressed he told u..
    not impressed with him though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well, look at it this way:

- He was drunk
    - He regretted it afterward
    - On the plus side, at least it was another girl

Have you under-reacted? Only you can tell. It's up to you and how much you trust and believe him. Additionally, if you go further with this, it may ruin your relationship, and do you actually want that?

ReputationRep:
    I've been through this..and he told me himself straightaway and was genuinely regretful so he had another chance.
    I think you knew what was right for you and you know him better than we do, so don't think you under-reacted.
    Had you found out about this later on from someone else, the trust would have been lost even more but I think if you're willing and ready to move on from here, you can both do it

ReputationRep:
    You really shouldn't let others dictate how you feel or react. If you want to forgive him, then do it.

ReputationRep:
    Errrr Don't let your friends tell you how you should behave or react that is so annoying.

If you feel like you can both move past it and that you won't turn into a jealous, paranoid monster I think that you are doing the right thing.

ReputationRep:
    He did tell you which I find quite impressive. Personally I would forgive him this once, but not if he does it a second time.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a fine reaction to me, everyone makes mistakes, and kisses are no big deal at all.

(Original post by .ACS.)
    - On the plus side, at least it was another girl
    I think it'd be more reassuring for her if it was a guy, providing he's straight that usually means it's nothing at all to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how much you trust him [weird, considering the circumstances]. If it were me, I'd think the worst, and consider the possiblity that he called and told me about it being a quick kiss and pulling away, but how would I know it wasn't more than that, but he's telling you of a 'forgivable' event, rather than an 'unforgivable' one...so now if it ever worms its way to you that he got with a girl, you will jsut be 'oh yeh, i know' instead of freaking out at him.

But yeh, that's me :p: Cheating on any scale is a no go. But if you trust he's telling you the truth, go with it,. It's your relationship, no-one elses.

ReputationRep:
    Long Distance Relationship don't work, too long apart too far apart to keep true, if you let him get away with it he will feel free to do it again and more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BramsSTFU)

LOL

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.