Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

if a guy is ugly in school, does she hold a DUTY to be fit as an adult? Watch

if somebody is seen as ugly in school, should it be that way for the rest of their life?

at school, i would admit i perhaps was a mong and munter. but im 22 now and im an adult. im not in school any more. now im in a different life stage, have different environment, have different challenges and needs, is it wrong to make myself hot now?

just cos i was a munter back then, should it be so now?

ReputationRep:
    Whoa... all ugly guys have sex changes?

sorry, i meant girl in the title.

ReputationRep:
    nope nothing wrong with that...

(Original post by Pawsies)
    nope nothing wrong with that...
    but how do i go about making me hot?

ReputationRep:
    what you on

ReputationRep:
    they have this great thing...

they call it makeup :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    She holds the DUTY to stay her gender.

ReputationRep:
    This is weird.

You should do whatever makes you happy.

but i'm thinking of this :

- change how i dress
    - where my hair differently
    - save up for plastic surgery

i expect people to crow on about how these are immoral, but why is self-improvement and moving on in life bad?

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually understand the question in the OP, are you asking whether it is possible for an 'ugly duckling' type to become good looking? If so, then yes. I know people who were never particularly pretty when they were younger but become more so as they get older.

Or are you asking for advice on how to make yourself become more good-looking? If so, you'll probably be better off in the fashion and beauty forum where you can get some decent advice. Personally, I'm not sure how you make yourself 'hot' but I guess you can start by

- clothes that fit and suit you
    - nice hair - maybe get it cut into a nice style, or dyed or something like that

If you have a friend who's good with make up ask her for help.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick I'm sorry, your question isn't exactly worded very clearly at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

- change how i dress

i expect people to crow on about how these are immoral, but why is self-improvement and moving on in life bad?
    do what makes you happy

ReputationRep:
    This is so obviously a troll, and not a very clever one at that, they couldn't even remember their gender long enough to complete the thread.

ReputationRep:

- change how i dress

Ignoring plastic surgery for a second, because I have quite strong opinions about that, how is changing how you dress and wearing your hair differently immoral? So long as you feel comfortable changing your style and like it, and aren't just doing it to impress people or fit in with the crowd or whatever there's nothing wrong with it whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    nope a girl should be able to look how ever she wants with out being judged. if she wanted to improve her self tho its just about finding the right hair style and make up which makes you look better and then makes you more confident. if you feel good you tend to look good. i think its in your head alot the time like if you go clubbing and you think i look minging i aint gonna pull tonight chances are you wont pull. but if you think yea i look good and you show that your confident and positve bout how you look and think hell yea i am soo gonna pull you prob will. if you want to change your image than go ahead but do it for you not because you think you have a duty to be better looking

ReputationRep:

- change how i dress

Its bad because then you will be better looking than those who claim it is immoral !

Aside from those three things, and exercise, there's nothing else you can do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    they have this great thing...

they call it makeup :yep:
    However retarded, and stupid your sig is, it still makes me laugh.

Well played kind sir.

ReputationRep:
    rkcca dhae

ReputationRep:
    Advice- get over it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.