The Student Room Group

feeling strange towards my bf

Please keep anan as my bf and friends use this.

So we havent seen each other for a while during the summer hol. He came to visit today. I love him and been missing him al these time but the weird thing was that it didnt feel the same when i saw him at the bus station. I was gald to see him when he got off the bus, but it wasnt the usual "yay" feeling...he seemed like a friend to me, not the bf who i've been missing a lot.

When we got back to my falt we had sex. Half way through i stopped and started crying because it didnt feel right. I felt as if i was "cheating" on my bf by having sex with him?!?! It felt as if he wasnt him...

I explained to him after. I felt bad. He said it's normal as it happens to other couples too when they've been on LDR?

I'm so confuse and didnt understand what was going on...

Scroll to see replies

I think your boyfriend is right, as you havent seen one another for a long time, im assuming that you usually see one another on a regular basis but due to the holidays you dont?

Im guessing all your emotions may have got the better of you and you dont seem to have a logical sense for them.

You are talking about it with him which is good, keep on talking with him and get back to how it was before, or at least try. Communication is the key here.

If however you dont find this to work, you may want to think about if you are really geared up for a LDR

Talk to the people in the LDR society they will be musch better then me at helping you.
Reply 2
Why are you so bad at spelling
Hello
I used to be in a LDR and although I did have the 'yay' feeling when I saw him, I had the exact same feeling as if i was cheating on him although it WAS him. I think its because whilst away you constantly replay memories, but when hes actually there it sorta seems unreal, I got very spun out and too stopped in sex. We just got used to it - I loved him and fancied him no less, I think its natural if you don't see someone so often, however close it sort of can feel ... almost one night standish when you do, because its irregular. I would keep up the relationship as normal and keep communication channels flowing well -IMO its normal,and once the long distance is routine, sex will become easier. Hope this helps!

ps keep anon as bf on here
Reply 4
tom_tom_tom
I think your boyfriend is right, as you havent seen one another for a long time, im assuming that you usually see one another on a regular basis but due to the holidays you dont?

Im guessing all your emotions may have got the better of you and you dont seem to have a logical sense for them.

You are talking about it with him which is good, keep on talking with him and get back to how it was before, or at least try. Communication is the key here.

If however you dont find this to work, you may want to think about if you are really geared up for a LDR

Talk to the people in the LDR society they will be musch better then me at helping you.

Thanks very much for the reply.

Yeah, we used to see each other a lot. we were technically living together while at uni.

This LDR thing isnt going to last long since Uni's not far away now. But i'm just confused about this as it didnt feel like i was with my boyfriend but someone els...
Reply 5
BramsSTFU
Why are you so bad at spelling

sorry. i type fast and i dont re-read my post. I'm rushing cus he's coming back soon. Dont want him to see this.:frown:
Reply 6
Anonymous
Hello
I used to be in a LDR and although I did have the 'yay' feeling when I saw him, I had the exact same feeling as if i was cheating on him although it WAS him. I think its because whilst away you constantly replay memories, but when hes actually there it sorta seems unreal, I got very spun out and too stopped in sex. We just got used to it - I loved him and fancied him no less, I think its natural if you don't see someone so often, however close it sort of can feel ... almost one night standish when you do, because its irregular. I would keep up the relationship as normal and keep communication channels flowing well -IMO its normal,and once the long distance is routine, sex will become easier. Hope this helps!

ps keep anon as bf on here

Exactly! And yes I miss the bf in my memories. He's supose to be 2D not 3D...I miss him so much although he's here with me... But he's going away again on monday which doesnt help.
Anonymous
Thanks very much for the reply.

Yeah, we used to see each other a lot. we were technically living together while at uni.

This LDR thing isnt going to last long since Uni's not far away now. But i'm just confused about this as it didnt feel like i was with my boyfriend but someone els...

I guess the logic behind it is, as you dont see one another and as soon as you saw one another you jumped into bed with each other. Its not exactly what you do usually with someone you havent seen in a long time or just met etc (well not often anyway) Even though he is your boyfriend it still seemed strange.

How long is he visiting for? Maybe it will get better the longer you spend with one another. As i said keep up the relationship and you should be fine.
Reply 8
tom_tom_tom
I guess the logic behind it is, as you dont see one another and as soon as you saw one another you jumped into bed with each other. Its not exactly what you do usually with someone you havent seen in a long time or just met etc (well not often anyway) Even though he is your boyfriend it still seemed strange.

How long is he visiting for? Maybe it will get better the longer you spend with one another. As i said keep up the relationship and you should be fine.

he's only here for the weekend. He's going away on monday. He needs to go back because he has stuff to do for his family.
Reply 9
whats the point of keepin it anon because u dont want your bf to know its you im sure he'l know its u after reading what u wrote !
Reply 10
You sound like a kid, dont tell me your a 17 year old girl?? f'in kids havin sex
Reply 11
Sver
You sound like a kid, dont tell me your a 17 year old girl?? f'in kids havin sex

I'm 22!:mad:
Anonymous
Exactly! And yes I miss the bf in my memories. He's supose to be 2D not 3D...I miss him so much although he's here with me... But he's going away again on monday which doesnt help.

just remember, without being crude, when your actually HAVING sex that this is someone you love and who loves you back etc, remind yourself who it is, sort of any nicknames anything silly that makes that person who they are to you - make everything more familiar etc.
I do think it will be fine, its new feelings you will grow accustomed to - no one likes change and your body is temporarily reacting to this, he is everything he was before :smile:
Reply 13
Anonymous
just remember, without being crude, when your actually HAVING sex that this is someone you love and who loves you back etc, remind yourself who it is, sort of any nicknames anything silly that makes that person who they are to you - make everything more familiar etc.
I do think it will be fine, its new feelings you will grow accustomed to - no one likes change and your body is temporarily reacting to this, he is everything he was before :smile:

Thanks so much. You've been helpful.

Thanks to tom_tom_tom too.
Hey kind of in the same situation but roles reversed.My girlfriend and I agreed not to meet up during the exams period, which was about 2 and a half months because we were at diff unis and exams were during diff times.We didnt really call/text eachother during this time either.When exams ended and we started chatting on a regular basis she told me she didnt feel the same way about me and didnt love me anymore.I still love her but she said she didnt want to be with me anymore so we broke up about 3 weeks ago.Ive been kinda depressed and really miss her and wish she would have given it abit of time to see if things got better.I dont know if any of this was relevant
Reply 15
You wanted to keep it anon due to him being on this site, however you specify you had sex, met him at a bus station & ran off crying during sex with him. I think he may realise.
Reply 16
yikes epic fail on the anon, tooooooo much info
sorry good luck
Reply 17
you started crying in the middle of sex?
that is scary.
Reply 18
Anonymous
Hey kind of in the same situation but roles reversed.My girlfriend and I agreed not to meet up during the exams period, which was about 2 and a half months because we were at diff unis and exams were during diff times.We didnt really call/text eachother during this time either.When exams ended and we started chatting on a regular basis she told me she didnt feel the same way about me and didnt love me anymore.I still love her but she said she didnt want to be with me anymore so we broke up about 3 weeks ago.Ive been kinda depressed and really miss her and wish she would have given it abit of time to see if things got better.I dont know if any of this was relevant

i kinda felt the same. I still love my bf in my memory, not this real one...it's weird.
Reply 19
XeaL`
You wanted to keep it anon due to him being on this site, however you specify you had sex, met him at a bus station & ran off crying during sex with him. I think he may realise.

No you guys dont understand.

He rarely use this, but just incase he's being nosey in the future and checked my old posts. This apply to m friends too. I know one of them likes to stalk on tsr...she went through my posts before.

Latest

Trending

Trending