Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What time do shops START sellling alcohol on a sunday? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, have googled this to no avail! Anyone any idea what time shops start selling alcohol on a sunday morning? I know the 24 hour asda near me doesn't start selling alcohol till 12.30, however there's a small co-op, not one of the supermarket type ones, I'm wondering if this will start selling drink earlier than that? Don't worry, I'm not wanting to get drunk on a sunday morning, it's just I'm starting work at 1, there's nowhere near work I can get drink, and I'm going to a party after work, finish at 9 but again nowhere near work to buy drink. Quite a predicament, I should be more organised or have an unlimited supply of alcohol in my house! It's not a huge problem really, my friend offered to get me drink on his way to work, but I'd rather not rely on other people :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm in scotland btw, if that makes a difference.

ReputationRep:
    Between 10am and 11pm

http://www.testvalley.gov.uk/Default.aspx?page=4312
    Scroll down to Q4

I believe it is the same for those above the border too.

Obviously that's some random borough's site in Hampshire ... but that's a nationwide law (I believe, anyway)

ReputationRep:
    In the co-op near me it is 12.30, same for asda.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.