Turn on thread page Beta

What time do shops START sellling alcohol on a sunday? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, have googled this to no avail! Anyone any idea what time shops start selling alcohol on a sunday morning? I know the 24 hour asda near me doesn't start selling alcohol till 12.30, however there's a small co-op, not one of the supermarket type ones, I'm wondering if this will start selling drink earlier than that? Don't worry, I'm not wanting to get drunk on a sunday morning, it's just I'm starting work at 1, there's nowhere near work I can get drink, and I'm going to a party after work, finish at 9 but again nowhere near work to buy drink. Quite a predicament, I should be more organised or have an unlimited supply of alcohol in my house! It's not a huge problem really, my friend offered to get me drink on his way to work, but I'd rather not rely on other people :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm in scotland btw, if that makes a difference.

ReputationRep:
    Between 10am and 11pm

http://www.testvalley.gov.uk/Default.aspx?page=4312
    Scroll down to Q4

I believe it is the same for those above the border too.

Obviously that's some random borough's site in Hampshire ... but that's a nationwide law (I believe, anyway)

ReputationRep:
    In the co-op near me it is 12.30, same for asda.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.