Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Love Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you think you can you be in love with more than one person at a time?
    No and I think I've been in love
    33.33%
    No but I don't think I've ever been in love
    16.33%
    Yes and I've experienced this
    12.93%
    Yes but I haven't experienced this
    37.41%

ReputationRep:
    Do you think you can only truly be in love with one person at one time?

If so, why?
    Why can't you be in love with two different people for different reasons (or even similar reasons)?
    I'm talking love, not infatuation or lust.

Edit: By the way, I'm aware that these can be a part of love, but I'm not talking about them by themselves is what I meant.

I really love your profile picture. You look so sweet :coma:

ReputationRep:
    When you're in love, lust and infatuation definitely come into it. You can't really separate them.

I can't imagine that if a person was truly deeply in love with someone, that they could love anyone else. It seems like too much of a betrayal. Just my opinion of course, but if someone claims to be in love with two people, they can't know the meaning of the word properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I agree. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Why do people look at my profile when I post a thread? xD
    off topic, guys.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe in love. I find it hilarious when 16 year olds come on TSR and say that they are "in love" with a guy/girl that they have known for 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes and I've experienced this, perhaps even twice.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so. If you truly love someone, it should me monogamous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    I don't believe in love. I find it hilarious when 16 year olds come on TSR and say that they are "in love" with a guy/girl that they have known for 2 weeks. :rolleyes:
    Well, that doesn't mean that love doesn't exist or that nobody is ever in love. I think I was in love with my ex when I was 16, but I was with him for 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    Yep definately. It's why I have three girlfriends (they don't know that though :ninja: ), you can't help how you feel!

Yes, quite a while ago though. Or at least what I perceived love to be at the time.

The way I felt and thought about them was very different. One we connected on an emotional level. Another was on more of an intellectual level (mixed in with a little bit of lust).

The first one I wanted to cuddle up with and look up at the stars with. The second I wanted to talk and debate everything, and also jump on when I saw him.

I guess together they would have been my ideal, but I got what needed out of both of them,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PauloG.)
    Yes and I've experienced this, perhaps even twice.
    Can you tell us any more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    When you're in love, lust and infatuation definitely come into it. You can't really separate them.

I can't imagine that if a person was truly deeply in love with someone, that they could love anyone else. It seems like too much of a betrayal. Just my opinion of course, but if someone claims to be in love with two people, they can't know the meaning of the word properly.
    I'd agree completely. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davy-Jones)
    Yep definitely. It's why I have three girlfriends (they don't know that though :ninja: ), you can't help how you feel!
    Joking right? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    Well, that doesn't mean that love doesn't exist or that nobody is ever in love. I think I was in love with my ex when I was 16, but I was with him for 2 years.
    The two sentences weren't related. I just don't believe in the concept of love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    I agree. :p:
    Off topic - I agree too ...

On topic - I think you can love more than one person at a time, for me love is made up of many things so as you say you can be in love with different people at the same time because the love for them is made up by different ingredients.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, quite a while ago though. Or at least what I perceived love to be at the time.

The way I felt and thought about them was very different. One we connected on an emotional level. Another was on more of an intellectual level (mixed in with a little bit of lust).

The first one I wanted to cuddle up with and look up at the stars with. The second I wanted to talk and debate everything, and also jump on when I saw him.

I guess together they would have been my ideal, but I got what needed out of both of them,
    Ohmygod, I can completely relate to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    Joking right? :lolwut:
    :yep:
    I'm actually cursed when it comes to love by this godess, my heart's been cut out of me and placed in a chest deep down in the oceans :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davy-Jones)
    Yep definitely. It's why I have three girlfriends (they don't know that though :ninja: ), you can't help how you feel!
    :rofl: haha haha ...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.