Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Love Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you think you can you be in love with more than one person at a time?
    No and I think I've been in love
    33.33%
    No but I don't think I've ever been in love
    16.33%
    Yes and I've experienced this
    12.93%
    Yes but I haven't experienced this
    37.41%

ReputationRep:
    You can't be in love with more than one person. If you think you are, you don't know what real love is.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    Well,
    quite frankly I believe I'm still in love with my ex, but I'm in a relationship with somebody new, and I've started thinking that I won't be able to love him until I'm over my ex, but I used to think the two things were completely unrelated.
    You're right; you've tried to get over your ex too quickly - if you're still in love with him then I don't think you can genuinely love your new bf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Deeds)
    You're right; you've tried to get over your ex too quickly - if you're still in love with him then I don't think you can genuinely love your new bf.
    What do you suggest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davy-Jones)
    Yep definitely. It's why I have three girlfriends (they don't know that though :ninja: ), you can't help how you feel!
    you must be a very busy boy!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What do you suggest?
    Just be honest with your new bf. Tell him you've entered into a new relationship too soon and you need more time. Tell him you do like him, because I assume you do, and if he likes you too then he will wait. Time's a great healer - you just need to be single for a while and get over your ex first.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

It's true :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    :rofl:

It's true :yes:
    Just to say, I like everything about your profile :p:

Edit: 'Just to say' doesn't even make sense. Heh time for bed...

ReputationRep:
    OP is purdy lookin'

I've no advice on the topic, good day.

ReputationRep:
    Can you tell us any more?
    There isn't much more to be said really. I just saw myself with a girlfriend and thinking at night in another girl, even though I still loved my bird. I didn't made any stupid decision if that's what you are wondering.

ReputationRep:
    I think you can love more than one person at one time, seeing as they're different people with different qualities.

ReputationRep:
    Ooops I clicked the wrong one in the poll! But I've only been in love once and I still am right now.
    I couldn't love anyone else because theres no room for anyone else in my heart for me to love, total betrayal if you love someone else too..heartbreaking. Anyways, one man is enough for me emotionally, god they **** you up! :P

If you think you love these two people then you are not truly in love.

ReputationRep:
    We don't end up with the person we like the most, we end up with the person we meet first.

ReputationRep:
    I am in love with both my boyfriend AND Milkybar Buttons if that counts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    You're describing passion.

Love is the feeling you have twenty years on when you both look ugly and live in some suburban house and the kids have left.
    Love is commitment, imo.
    I know what I'm describing. There's so many things that come into it, you can't say it's one thing or the other, and you can't define what love means to someone else and you can't rule out things that it includes.

I agree that being in love is being committed to the other person as well, like I said about the betrayal thing, but it doesn't start when there's no lust there any more, when you're 'older and ugly.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I really love your profile picture. You look so sweet :coma:
    Wow, yes, she is really quite attractive. Not sure I would have worded it like that though. :lolwut: You sound like you are having a ... what's the word? ... Ahem, "crisis".

Am I the only person that looks at everyone's profile looking for a picture? It's nothing weird, I just like to know who I'm talking to :dontknow: They are rarely especially attractive though - not that I am a judgmental person, I don't particularly mind either way.

I just looked at it. It's 1 am and because of YOU I have an erection. I expect an apology for stimulating my ball sack, that or a sexy times session :borat: hi five!
    Oh, good lord ... :facepalm2:

Why do people look at my profile when I post a thread? xD
    off topic, guys.
    Sorry. :erm:

Back on topic ...
    I'm divided, on the one hand I like the idea of being truly, insanely in love with just the one person, your partner (for life, hopefully); but then on the other hand I suppose your brain is in no way biologically "limited" to just the one person, so it's technically possible. I suppose I'll compromise by just saying that I hope/wish it isn't possible. It ruins my romantic notion of love :no:

Yep definitely. It's why I have three girlfriends (they don't know that though :ninja: ), you can't help how you feel!
    You should be ashamed of yourself ... :mute:

This thread has attracted some ... "interesting" ... specimens of humanity.

ReputationRep:
    Well,
    quite frankly I believe I'm still in love with my ex, but I'm in a relationship with somebody new, and I've started thinking that I won't be able to love him until I'm over my ex, but I used to think the two things were completely unrelated.
    Wow, sorry but I feel sorry for the guy you are with. If you are still in love with your ex you SHOULD NOT be in any relationship at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Its not impossible, its just if you are really in love, my energy is shared with that one girl...so i simply don't have the energy (or interest) to love another girl.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people look at my profile when I post a thread? xD
    off topic, guys.
    Lol you'll get that, especially when you post a picture that makes your eyes as captivating as the jumping flames in a fire.

... oh god... I cannot believe what I just wrote :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    I don't believe in love. I find it hilarious when 16 year olds come on TSR and say that they are "in love" with a guy/girl that they have known for 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

Thats because you've never experienced it. I used to find it hilarious too, used to make fun of the guys in my class who used to moan about 'broken heart' but this was only until i bumped into love and before i knew i was talking like the idiots of my class....lol

ReputationRep:
    i wish

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.