Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Love Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you think you can you be in love with more than one person at a time?
    No and I think I've been in love
    33.33%
    No but I don't think I've ever been in love
    16.33%
    Yes and I've experienced this
    12.93%
    Yes but I haven't experienced this
    37.41%

ReputationRep:
    No I believe you should be literally SHACKLED to one other person for the rest of your life.

...anyone interested? :hubba:

(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    I know what I'm describing. There's so many things that come into it, you can't say it's one thing or the other, and you can't define what love means to someone else and you can't rule out things that it includes.

I agree that being in love is being committed to the other person as well, like I said about the betrayal thing, but it doesn't start when there's no lust there any more, when you're 'older and ugly.'
    Why not? Can old people not fall in love?

ReputationRep:
    I voted "yes but I haven't experienced this". I think in a limited number of situations it is possible but that the majority of people claiming to be "in love" with 2 people aren't really "in love" with either. What is love anyway? Just a word to describe a special kind of connection with somebody else that you value above all others. There's too much emphasis on the word.

ReputationRep:
    Love and commitment are different things.

I think it's more than possible. Only it's immoral in this society to act on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Why not? Can old people not fall in love?
    Are you purposefully trying to be thick/annoying or do you really not understand what I wrote?

(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Are you purposefully trying to be thick/annoying or do you really not understand what I wrote?
    Maybe you should be clearer? :nothing: If you spent less time getting annoyed and more time explaining stuff maybe i'd understand better :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Deeds)
    I don't think it's possible. I love my bf enough to never want to think about being with anybody else, in fact, the thought makes me feel sick. You can be in love and find other people attractive - but you wouldn't fall in love with them, simply because you would be so committed/devoted to your partner.
    All this. So no, i don't think it's possible either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I really love your profile picture. You look so sweet :coma:
    She'll eat you alive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    Well,
    quite frankly I believe I'm still in love with my ex, but I'm in a relationship with somebody new, and I've started thinking that I won't be able to love him until I'm over my ex, but I used to think the two things were completely unrelated.
    Yeah I know what you mean ... I'm still in love with my ex (last but one) but I did fall in love again but in a diffrent way. Unfortunatly that relationship did last because she cheated on me ...

I think to find someone who ticks all the boxes is impossible because people keep changing. I really belive that if I got together with my first love I wouldn't be in love as much as I was with before because we'd have both have changed as people ... Does that make sense?!?!

ReputationRep:
    What ever you get out of this thread, reading the other posts, you can take one thing away with you ... Everyone things you're attractive and have beautiful eyes ... haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greghouse)
    What ever you get out of this thread, reading the other posts, you can take one thing away with you ... Everyone things you're attractive and have beautiful eyes ... haha
    Haha :o:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, she knows in my opinion, Aphrodite was a goddess of beauty ... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig_D)
    Hmm, she knows in my opinion, Aphrodite was a goddess of beauty ... :rolleyes:
    And love and fertility!
    I kind of just picked it randomly after reading up on Greek gods :p:

She was also Adonis' lover and surrogate mother, but we won't talk about that...:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Do you think you can only truly be in love with one person at one time?

If so, why?
    Why can't you be in love with two different people for different reasons (or even similar reasons)?
    I'm talking love, not infatuation or lust.

Edit: By the way, I'm aware that these can be a part of love, but I'm not talking about them by themselves is what I meant.
    i think you can only love one person in that special way at any one time - that doesn't mean to say that you won't have any feelings (of lust or attraction) to anyone besides though... what makes love a bit more special is, one among many things, that you'll always think back to that one person you're in love... so i can look at a girl and think she's hot but the person i love will always be hotter in my eyes...

ReputationRep:
    And love and fertility!

She was also Adonis' lover and surrogate mother, but we won't talk about that...:ninja:
    love and fertility huh ... :p:

ReputationRep:
    And love and fertility!

"Randomly", of course

Yeah ... I just like making it look like you are pseudo-modest

Aphrodite and Adonis must have been quite a couple ... he looked, well, like an Adonis :yep: Not that I'd be interested in that, either way :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    love and fertility huh ... :p:
    I think I've worked out how she gained so much rep with 400 posts :yep: ...

ReputationRep:
    haha ... yeah ... I see where I'm going wrong ... haha

ReputationRep:

I like to think it's because I'm generally a nice/helpful person!
    Oh and AngryJellyfish repped me for joining the anime society, that helped a lot :p:

ReputationRep:

I like to think it's because I'm generally a nice/helpful person!
    Oh and AngryJellyfish repped me for joining the anime society, that helped a lot :p:
    Aww :sad: I'm sure you're a lovely person :yes:

But just to be sure, and for a bit of fun, we manipulate the IV by you putting this as your profile picture:

And we measure the result on the DV, your (soon negative) rep, yes? :top: It would have 'face' validity at least. Ah, I make myself laugh :awesome:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.