Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    Glasgow Uni is very pretty in my opinion, its in the west end of Glasgow, so in a really affluent area and it's like two miles from the city centre which has got an amazing night life.
    I second this. If I was doing UCAs all again this year, I'd have defo gone to Glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roberto_Ferrari)
    Cambridge.Oxford. Bath
    Really? The town is pretty, but the university buildings aren't exactly aesthetically pleasing.

ReputationRep:
    oxford, cambridge, durham, bath, york (not so much the campus but the area in general), edinburgh, glasgow, queens, sussex, aberdeen. and no i don't go to any of those!
    i have been to royal holloway on an open day. it does remind me of hogwarts. and you can stay in the founder's building which i thought was pretty awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roberto_Ferrari)
    Bath
    lol? campus not so, norwood :afraid: city yes

ReputationRep:
    Bath campus :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    Bath campus :puke:
    i'm afraid i'm going to have to agree here XD although tbf, it's only one building which makes you :puke: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyappleie)
    Hey all, just trying to figure out my 5th uni choice... am looking for anything with nice architectural features and lotsa green area nearby but still somewhere with a buzzing night life any help will be much appreciated

o and atm ive got ucl/warwick/bham and royal holloway for englez thanx again
    What are you looking to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    What are you looking to study?
    hey am going for english lit possibly with creative writing depending on the uni :love:

ReputationRep:
    London Metropolitan.

(Original post by 0404343m)
    My previous university was a bit of a looker, there's my profile pic plus a few of these:

And finally, this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2547220...15762/sizes/l/

Seriously though, a quick search, and theres dozens more photos in other threads, there was a similar question a few weeks back...
    Glasgow Uni :yep:.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at JMU (Doesn't have any particularly great looking buildings lol) but looking at applying to Royal Holloway for postgrad-I think it looks so nice
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    My list of beautiful unis
    Check out

UK:
    Oxford
    Cambridge
    Royal Holloway
    Glasgow
    Edinburgh
    Durham
    UCL (main building)
    KCL (library)
    Greenwich

US
    Princeton
    Duke
    Harvard
    basically all the ivies (apart from princeton, they all look simple, yet beautiful. art of simplicity, perhaps?) and most liberal arts colleges in massachussetts
    Stanford (in unique way)
    Chicago
    UCLA
    Boston College

Canada
    University of Toronto (in particular, trinity college, university college, victoria college, st.michael's college)

Australia
    University of Sydney

ReputationRep:
    Goldsmiths College London ...... Bias:p:

ReputationRep:
    OK, bias ahoy, but Leicester, although everything besides the old Edwardian main blocks and our new library: is from the 50s-70s and looks pretty 'orrible, the university itself is set next to a gorgeous park in a really nice part of the city. The accommodation is actually old mansions, and looks pretty awesome

Aside from that, by far the most beautiful universities I've seen are Royal Holloway and Exeter. Utrecht in the Netherlands also looks incredible - a mix of 17th-Century Dutch architecture and modernist awesomeness. Copenhagen in the OP looks incredible.

ReputationRep:
    bath spa
    http://www.bathspa.ac.uk/about/tour/...park/28/28.asp
    we have a lake, castle and gates

ReputationRep:
    Quwwn Margaret University

ReputationRep:
    Ucla???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imson)
    i agree:yes:

then comes London Met for second place

I actually like london mets business school which is in moorgate(city of london, right next to london wall) they just bought it for a lot of money, its historical and nice.

ReputationRep:
    Great thread! Stanford looks amazing!
    http://pangea.stanford.edu/research/...e/stanford.jpg
    I know I'm going to regret not picking it

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.