Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWakeUpCall)

College de Valleyfield is in Valleyfield, Quebec, Canada.
    You do realise that's photoshopped, right? The building looks like that, but it's been placed in that setting, it was part of an art project by a student in 2007.

Anyway, Stanford is vulgar, Glasgow and then Aberdeen are head and shoulders above the rest in Scotland but still have their share of ugly buildings, and I'm guessing not many people have actually seen the rest of UCL or Royal Holloway... I don't think there is an easy answer to this. Maybe Princeton, Penn or Yale.

This has to be a contender though: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post20271177

ReputationRep:
    university of bologna you morons

ReputationRep:

:drool:

ReputationRep:

Kings College, Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeterna)
    Those pictures are edited and stylised (in terms of photography) to the max!
    Whereas yours isn't :no:

Cambridge :yep:

ReputationRep:
    St Andrews, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leala4628)
    Whereas yours isn't :no:

Cambridge :yep:
    No, not compared to those, love. My RH one was simply an aerial photograph, which I doubt had any editing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haeron)
    Oxford, Magdalen.

A bit biased, but heyyyy :P
    Seconded. A fellow Magdalen applicant! It's GORGEOUS.

I also quite liked Bath. Nice Georgian house and big lake with ducks and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    No, not compared to those, love. My RH one was simply an aerial photograph, which I doubt had any editing.
    No but it's perfectly sunny with the lighting amazing and it's taken from a certain angle. It's edited just as much as those of Cambridge.

Please don't call me love :no:

ReputationRep:
    Whilst Founders (Royal Holloway) is stunning and breath-taking from the inside, it's pretty rubbish inside (apart from the dining hall/picture gallery/chapel/upstairs of library)!

Also, most of the other buildings on campus are hideous, especially the Arts building and the Bourne labs. I do like how modern the Windsor building and the Hub are though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leala4628)
    No but it's perfectly sunny with the lighting amazing and it's taken from a certain angle. It's edited just as much as those of Cambridge.
    England does enjoy sun occasionally, you know? Absolute tosh that it's edited/stylised to the extent of those photos.

Please don't call me love :no:
    Sure, sweetie.

ReputationRep:

Sure, sweetie.
    Cut it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atypicalsurreygirl)
    St Andrews, anyone?
    I'm afraid I don't really see it. Despite the slightly continental stylings, St Salvator's quad and the buildings around it are all rather bleak and stern to my eye; aside from that there are some modern buildings of little if any merit, some fairly undistinguished old houses etc...

St Salvator's Hall is one of the buildings I do like - an excellent example of what a hall of residence should be, but hardly notable - and then the Younger Hall where they all graduate from, which is very nice but not at all inkeeping with the local architectural vernacular. It should have been built in Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammythedodger)
    Ive been there several times, and apart from that one building (beautiful though it may be), most of the campus is kind of crappy. :p:

I will vote for one of the Oxbridge's colleges, Durham or Exeter.
    Apart from the Bailey colleges, castle, cathedral (Palace Green - all of these are admittedly stunning) and one or two buildings elsewhere most of Durham is crappy :p: Nothing to shout about anyway

ReputationRep:
    I found Birmingham to be the most impressive looking out of the seven I've visited.

ReputationRep:
    I think the Universities at Medway (Greenwich, Kent and Canterbury Chirstchurch) should have a bit of a mention!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    Apart from the Bailey colleges, castle, cathedral (Palace Green - all of these are admittedly stunning) and one or two buildings elsewhere most of Durham is crappy :p: Nothing to shout about anyway
    Hild Bede has some lush buildings :o: Anyway, I guess it's the older buildings and their surroundings (i.e. the city itself) which make people think it's beautiful, and I would agree it's lovely. Once you get up on the hill, though ... yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham without a doubt, ive been to see and visit many unis in the uk, UWE, bristol..keele, ucl, holloway, kings..oxbirdge also, but nottingham and its gorgeous campus was one of the reasons I came, where else can you look over a lake, get chased by geese, go on lovely walks in between lectures and have to cross stepping stones in streams to get there, look out on gorgeous fields, stunning archietecture old and new

I <3 Notts!

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham is awesome - but is beaten hands down by Virginia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    Nottingham without a doubt, ive been to see and visit many unis in the uk, UWE, bristol..keele, ucl, holloway, kings..oxbirdge also, but nottingham and its gorgeous campus was one of the reasons I came, where else can you look over a lake, get chased by geese, go on lovely walks in between lectures and have to cross stepping stones in streams to get there, look out on gorgeous fields, stunning archietecture old and new

I <3 Notts!
    This.
    Especially love the part about the 'cross stepping stones in streams to get there'.
    Are you a writer? :love:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.