Turn on thread page Beta

Best looking university in the world? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0404343m)
    You do realise that's photoshopped, right? The building looks like that, but it's been placed in that setting, it was part of an art project by a student in 2007.
    You do realise you just ruined my life, right?

ReputationRep:
    Those cubes look cool.

Something in England gets my vote for the best looking. Bias.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWakeUpCall)
    You do realise you just ruined my life, right?
    Pleasure. :tongue:

Stunning though the photo is, did you really think that bridge was real? I've seen some dodgy civil engineering projects in my time, but that one could only have been the work of an arts student with no concept of what makes structures stand upright.

(Original post by cpchem)
    x
    Good point, well made. Us Scots, with our different school qualifications, different university systems with their histories, and free degrees, tend to be overly-proud of our insitutions... and I'm just as guilty.

However, being effortlessly superior to the rest of Oxford does have its upsides...

ReputationRep:
    University of Cape Town(hope the image works lol)

ReputationRep:
    Brown University is quite nice too

Why were my Aberdeen pictures removed?

ReputationRep:
    Probably the UC Berkeley, but this one has already been mentioned quite often. But I like the UCLA, too. (Sorry if someone already mentioned it, I didnt read the entire thread )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    Why were my Aberdeen pictures removed?
    They weren't...:confused: I can still see them.

They weren't...:confused: I can still see them.
    Well unless you're playing mind games with me, that's quite strange. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Well unless you're playing mind games with me, that's quite strange. :confused:
    Unless you've put up other ones (in which case, I'd still see the tag in place of where the post once was), then the original ones are still here, on page 19, post #380.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=380

Unless you've put up other ones (in which case, I'd still see the tag in place of where the post once was), then the original ones are still here, on page 19, post #380.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=380
    Ah yes, there they are. Sorry about that.

They're quite nice pictures though in my opinion, I'm just left puzzled as to why no one's mentioned them.

By the way, I took your advice in the decision between Heriot-Watt and Aberdeen. I chose Aberdeen.

Anyway, here is,

Istanbul University

And let's not forget the sort of views you'd get,

It's just a shame Turkish universities don't get the recognition they deserve, they are in fact top quality institutions (the top ones).

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, there they are. Sorry about that.

They're quite nice pictures though in my opinion, I'm just left puzzled as to why no one's mentioned them.

By the way, I took your advice in the decision between Heriot-Watt and Aberdeen. I chose Aberdeen.

Anyway, here is,

Istanbul University

And let's not forget the sort of views you'd get,

It's just a shame Turkish universities don't get the recognition they deserve, they are in fact top quality institutions (the top ones).
    That is Gorgeous!!!!! :shock: I love the 2nd pic.

ReputationRep:

College de Valleyfield is in Valleyfield, Quebec, Canada.
    This wins! (If it's real?)

(Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
    This wins! (If it's real?)
    No it's not real. It's been photoshopped.

ReputationRep:
    Christ Church, Oxford is the obvious answer here.

[MG]http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy182/algrene/christchurch12.jpg?t=1258854285[/IMG]

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superpig22)
    bath spa
    http://www.bathspa.ac.uk/about/tour/...park/28/28.asp
    we have a lake, castle and gates
    I really liked the look of Bath Spa. Everything about it looked great but the media/ film courses that they did were not to my liking sadly. Shame because Bath is a really nice city

ReputationRep:

College de Valleyfield is in Valleyfield, Quebec, Canada.
    How is this even possible? Waterfalls are extremely loud, especially ones of that size...

(Original post by Alexdurrant7)
    How is this even possible? Waterfalls are extremely loud, especially ones of that size...
    Because it's not real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marlene Dietrich)

better?
    Haha. I remember that building. For whatever reason Swansea has a pretty cosy Law department, and the rest of it is falling to pieces. The Student Union had holes in it from what I remember :erm: The fact it's so concentrated into a small area doesn't help either.

Yeah, yeah, Oxford, Cambridge, yadda yadda.

Guess I'll give Birmingham some love.

It's really got a gorgeous campus. It's definitely one of the prettiest Redbricks. It's certainly got a sense of grandeur, but it's not in the least bit overwhelming or oppressive.

Their clocktower however...

They're certainly compensating for something there. Seriously, it's HUGE.

I doubt I could think of anything that could beat anything else in the thread. Just browsing through makes me want to reapply

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.