Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Still plugging glasgee matey?!

I would normally say my own alma mater but in lieu of that, there is a rather neat place I discovered in Sweden:

My sister studied there. :p: Lund is a beautiful city, contrary to their accent... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9mm)
    My sister studied there. :p: Lund is a beautiful city, contrary to their accent... :ninja:
    Hah ... forgive the teenage oogling but I didn't notice the way they spoke :p:

ReputationRep:
    I really liked Oriel. I would have applied there if I hadn't applied to Brasenose. It's a bit of a maze though.

ReputationRep:
    Hah ... forgive the teenage oogling but I didn't notice the way they spoke :p:
    Where you there visiting/studying? :p: yeah it's a very typical southern swedish accent. But the people there are really nice and it's a beautiful place, definitely one of the nicer cities in sweden.

ReputationRep:
    Universidade de Coimbra! It's one of the oldest european universities in continuous operation and still looks very good.

http://images.google.com/images?clie...N&hl=en&tab=wi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9mm)
    Where you just visiting? :p: It's a very typical southern swedish accent. But yeah the people there are really nice and it's a beautiful place, definitely one of the nicer cities in sweden.
    Yeah. Was staying in Copenhagen and went on the bridge to Malmö. Took a bright purple train to Lund.

Reason (the real):
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It was a qualitative "test". The people behind the bar in the Youth Hostel in Copenhagen said ... "Danish girls are more beautiful than Swedish ones" ... so obviously y'know, I thought I'd go see for myself.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    No, I was based in Copenhagen for a quick city break so couldn't get that far into Sweden. Looks very pretty though!

Oh and, just because I feel I should. The beauty that is Oriel College, Oxford:

Meh, it's no Balliol. :tongue: Although, having said that, and having been there five times now for various things, I've still not actually been to Holywell to see where I'll be staying. Therefore, I'm reserving judgement...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buster_Bunny)

Its where im going, i think its gorgeous :grin:
    That and the Business School are the only nice looking buildings at the uni.

ReputationRep:
    I only read the first two pages so I dont think anyone has posted an asian uni yet?

Say hello to Indian Insititute of Technology (IIT)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0404343m)
    Meh, it's no Balliol. :tongue: Although, having said that, and having been there five times now for various things, I've still not actually been to Holywell to see where I'll be staying. Therefore, I'm reserving judgement...
    I shouldn't worry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeny11)
    That and the Business School are the only nice looking buildings at the uni.
    The biological sciences weren't too bad, and that's where ill be.
    I cant wait!!
    What do you study?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Was staying in Copenhagen and went on the bridge to Malmö. Took a bright purple train to Lund.

Reason (the real):
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It was a qualitative "test". The people behind the bar in the Youth Hostel in Copenhagen said ... "Danish girls are more beautiful than Swedish ones" ... so obviously y'know, I thought I'd go see for myself.

:p:
    haha, so what was your verdict?

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'd say the Norwegian girls are the best (and that's from living several years in scandinavia). :p: The Danes aren't bad though I must say :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afro Sauce)
    Try KCL too :awesome:

:coma:
    That's KCL? Wow! I know the last one is the Maughan library but where is the first building?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig_D)
    As my motivator, I have a desktop picture of Gandalf with his staff, and underneath:

IF YOU DO NOT STUDY
    You shall not pass!

:awesome:
    Pure genius :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buster_Bunny)
    The biological sciences weren't too bad, and that's where ill be.
    I cant wait!!
    What do you study?
    I don't personally like the Biological Sciences building - I'm studying Business so I am quite lucky to have quite a nice looking building for my school (though most of my lectures are in the building in the picture you posted).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0404343m)
    My previous university was a bit of a looker, there's my profile pic plus a few of these:

And finally, this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2547220...15762/sizes/l/

Seriously though, a quick search, and theres dozens more photos in other threads, there was a similar question a few weeks back...
    :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    To be fair these pictures are largely of Durham City, not the university itself.
    But really, Durham university = Durham city
    So Durham wins

/bias :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)

Keble College, Oxford

/bias

:awesome:

But tbh, Harvard and Yale are pretty spectacular :love:
    i think this is the nicest building, but i could never go there!

ReputationRep:

• TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Craig_D)
    *snips*

Win
    Is this not the best in the UK? Look me in the eye and say it isn't!
    Sorry for the number of pictures, but I really needed to prove my point ...
    I was just thinking "ooooh, isn't that nice?" and then got half way down and realised it was Jubilee campus and that rest were other parts of Nottingham. Surely that's enough to have my offer taken from me? :redface:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.